MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

That makes perfect sense...until you hear about those ordering in say March this year getting cars already and then January orders (like my SR order) being TBA.

And also those who have had 'TBA' and then suddenly get a call to say it's arrived.

It's a mess.
I agree but was good to see a dealer being upfront and honest, alot more than can be said of a lot other dealers giving people bs answers

Too right I chose Cars2 and they've ripped me off for another £1000 claiming that they never applied for the grant when I ordered my car back in November..they wantedan extra £25000....now the grants finished and the car is waiting collection
😲 Have MG come back to you with anything regarding this?

So as i read it this means anyone who ordered from cars2 barnsley before the grant finished will not get it

TBA just means nothing of interest.

It just means they've stopped committing to anything.

My date has changed 4 times now, so it makes sense they've stopped estimating.
Totally agree. Also have no confidence in any of the delivery updates to be honest. Until a phone call is received from the dealer to say your car has arrived nothing can be believed.

So as i read it this means anyone who ordered from cars2 barnsley before the grant finished will not get it
I think it could be true from any dealer. Every customer needs to check with their dealer to make sure that the grant was applied for when order was placed - any competent dealer will have done it as part of their order process. Does not matter now though as the grant can’t be applied for now in any case - the customer just has to dig into their pockets a bit deeper. At least your dealer contributed £1,500 towards it.
Not surprised that MG UK have washed their hands of it. They just import the cars into the country and then distribute according to a set of rules that nobody understands.
At least your car has arrived - some people have been waiting longer and have no clue when the car will magic itself to the dealer. Just trying to put a positive spin onto something that must leave a bitter taste in your mouth.

@kewbob @Gazza @sha66ir
I've let MG UK know about the issues which have been discussed - regarding the Darlington cancellations, and the Cars2 grant mismanagement. They are investigating.

To clarify:
  • MG UK has not cancelled any sold customer orders.
  • Grants should be applied for at the time the order is taken, and both OZEV and MG UK had given guidance to dealerships back in December about how to ensure that any oustanding orders which hadn't yet had a grant application made would be able to be claimed for retrospectively (by a deadline in December).
Hey @Miles Roberts CG - sorry if this has been asked/answered & I missed it, but was there any feedback from MG on the customers now finding themselves without the grant because of these dealers?

I know it's not a Chorley issue but this seems to be beyond the Call Centre, with few other options. Is there someone at MG they can get in touch with, or is it for the customer to resolve? Thanks

Yes they don't want know
If that's the case, then that's terrible. It doesn't speak well to them caring an iota about how their brand & product is being handled.

Wasn't this issue raised on a Facebook group? Is there enough of you to band together and make some noise?

Incompetence springs to mind...after what they have done anyone in their right mind wouldn't go anywhere near them...they are not to be trusted

Incompetence springs to mind...after what they have done anyone in their right mind wouldn't go anywhere near them...they are not to be trusted
Hi Mate, my old dad used to tell me to never trust an estate agent or a car salesperson. They are not your real friend. They want to use lots of mind techniques to convince you that you should sign your name on the form. They have been on courses for negotiation and how to gain your confidence. In some cases the salespersons are on commission and have targets to achieve. They even have desk layouts where their chairs are set higher than yours so they can take charge by looking down on you. They have a screen that they can turn around to show you when they want you to see it and turn it back again when the screen shows the margin they are making. In the end you will be convinced that they are doing you a favour by selling you the car. It is all about the money money at the end of the day. If they did not make a profit the business would not exist.
There are good and bad car salespersons, but their job is to sell as many cars as they can.

You have definitely been let down by a dealer and you must be so disappointed.

The dealer has been named and shamed now on this forum and hopefully future customers will be aware of their incompetence. Just these posts on our forum with the word of mouth will have affected their reputation.

Hi Mate, my old dad used to tell me to never trust an estate agent or a car salesperson. They are not your real friend. They want to use lots of mind techniques to convince you that you should sign your name on the form. They have been on courses for negotiation and how to gain your confidence. In some cases the salespersons are on commission and have targets to achieve. They even have desk layouts where their chairs are set higher than yours so they can take charge by looking down on you. They have a screen that they can turn around to show you when they want you to see it and turn it back again when the screen shows the margin they are making. In the end you will be convinced that they are doing you a favour by selling you the car. It is all about the money money at the end of the day. If they did not make a profit the business would not exist.
There are good and bad car salespersons, but their job is to sell as many cars as they can.

You have definitely been let down by a dealer and you must be so disappointed.

The dealer has been named and shamed now on this forum and hopefully future customers will be aware of their incompetence. Just these posts on our forum with the word of mouth will have affected their reputation.
Legitimate factual Google reviews are always helpful #justsayin’

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom