MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

For me the dealer needs to swallow the £2.5k for now until they get the money back from the Government and release the car to you.
Whilst I actually agree with you that is the “right” thing to do, can’t see that happening.

Assuming a dealer has (say) 50 customers waiting on delivery of cars with the grant, that’s £125k he’s on the hook for until he gets the cash from the government at an unspecified point in the future.

Can’t see any FD or Accountant agreeing to that.

Last edited:
Not got mine yet. Was yours pre registered? How did they scam you?
Ordered in November called me first week in June and told me they hadn't applied for the grant and if I wanted the car it would be £2500 extra...cars now here

Anyone out there ordered (and or taken delivery) of the SE version of the MG ZS? I order mine in January with JustEV's (Cheltenham branch).

I have an SE on order, lease ordered mid December. I'm sure people have received them..
The car I've ordered is Battersea Blue LR. The dealer has been very helpful and has always been very carefull to say that he can't make any promises but the minute he knows ne wil be in contact.
Reading in the this thread that some people have lost the government grant, presumably because the dealer hadn't applied for it when the deposit was taken, beggars belief and I feel really sorry for them. Surely there must be some redress over this...

When I last checked @Oakers spreadsheet I couldn’t see any LR SEs delivered… Trophy models far more popular. Hopefully this could mean fewer shipments clear the backlog of these models.
Fingers crossed. I couldn't justify the extra £50 pm for me for the trophy for a sunroof and faux leather. But yeah as you said as less have been ordered it should take as long to clear them.

The car I've ordered is Battersea Blue LR. The dealer has been very helpful and has always been very carefull to say that he can't make any promises but the minute he knows ne wil be in contact.
Reading in the this thread that some people have lost the government grant, presumably because the dealer hadn't applied for it when the deposit was taken, beggars belief and I feel really sorry for them. Surely there must be some redress over this...
I have ordered a blue one also. Seen one in the wild last week 🥰🥰 can't wait to get it!!!!!

Ordered in November called me first week in June and told me they hadn't applied for the grant and if I wanted the car it would be £2500 extra...cars now here
Just had a call from dealer, car was due 30th August. Now have chassis number and car at sea delivery now July. Ordered November

Is it just me, or does it seem that cars ordered the end of last year are starting to come though? The thing that bothers me, is mine still says not built yet and it was ordered 17th December…Trophy LR in silver…it was ordered by a salesman that’s now left the company, I have a phone number of the Balsall common dealership, think I’ll give him a ring on the first of July, if I haven’t heard anything before then..hopefully it’ll say its built and on a ship 😳😂😂 but I’m not holding my breath…last time I was at the dealership he told me, they were waiting for 160 cars?….I’m off playing golf in Spain in mid July, my mates says that’s when I’ll get the phone call to come pick it up..

Is it just me, or does it seem that cars ordered the end of last year are starting to come though? The thing that bothers me, is mine still says not built yet and it was ordered 17th December…Trophy LR in silver…it was ordered by a salesman that’s now left the company, I have a phone number of the Balsall common dealership, think I’ll give him a ring on the first of July, if I haven’t heard anything before then..hopefully it’ll say its built and on a ship 😳😂😂 but I’m not holding my breath…last time I was at the dealership he told me, they were waiting for 160 cars?….I’m off playing golf in Spain in mid July, my mates says that’s when I’ll get the phone call to come pick it up..
I think so, given the information I've just received. Dealership had a update yesterday apparently. Looking at the shipping arrivals, think it must be on the Cape Town highway which is due in Portbury on the 30th June. Thinking it will take a week or so to get to the dealership it should be ready for pick up around 15th July. Let's see how that estimation plays out!

Still waiting on a Vanarama order from mid November for a ZS EV LR in blue.
The last update I got was
'The dealer has advised us that they should have an update for these vehicles next week, Once we have information on when we are likely to see these vehicles we will be getting in touch ASAP.We will be advising the September date until the update comes in but this date could move past September.
That was 15 June, Not had any contact since then, So who knows.

743E398B-10AF-4C0F-8382-A4A15F3C8531.jpeg

Hope everyone gets theirs soon 🤞🏻

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom