MG ZS EV Voice recognition

kenny1345

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I have just purchased the MG ZS EV SR TROPHY
and I can get the voice recognition to work.
The chap at the garage yesterday said just read up on it and you’ll get it working, I just can’t get it to work.
Any advice will help

Does Amazon Music work? You've paid £500 more for those features, if they are not there then you have the Trophy and it's a trip back to the dealer.

Take a picture of the home screen and post. The difference is the home button is on the left hand side of the screen on the connect and in the centre of the screen on the Trophy

If you have the Trophy model, the voice recognition only works for making phone calls/using Siri (or presumably whatever the equivalent is on Android phones). However, I have found that using it to command Siri can be hit and miss.
On Trophy Connect models, voice recognition can be used to open the sun roof etc.

Does Amazon Music work? You've paid £500 more for those features, if they are not there then you have the Trophy and it's a trip back to the dealer.
I was told it was a Trophy connect.

If you have the Trophy model, the voice recognition only works for making phone calls/using Siri (or presumably whatever the equivalent is on Android phones). However, I have found that using it to command Siri can be hit and miss.
On Trophy Connect models, voice recognition can be used to open the sun roof etc.
Can’t get the sunroof to open with voice recognition

On my home button is left side but it is trophy not connect.

Why voice control is not working. Should be nothing to do with connect version. It supposed to be with car like I had my old car it doesn’t have any connection.

All the videos I have seen shows the home button bottom centre for a trophy. If yours is bottom left then it should be a connect. I would have a word with your dealer to sort the problem. If you go to the music button does it give you amazon music on the right hand side?
Upload some pictures of your home screen and music screen. We will be able to say what you have.
If you watch the attached video it shows how to connect a trophy and a trophy connect to the ismart app. It shows the 2 different screens as previously stated plus it shows you how to connect the ismart app which is also different on the 2 models

I definitely know it’s just trophy but home button is left hand side I just checked it.
Are you talking about the physical home button or the one on the screen
I believe @Nicko is talking about screen
Screenshot_20230214-205250.png
Screenshot_20230214-205123.png

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom