MG ZS EV Wish List for Santa

Can I just clarify, please?

Am I moving to
a) Yorkshire for the free charging points
b) India for the App
c) Chorley for the customer service.

With my range anxiety, I need to do some extensive planning to get to any of the three!!!
Ha ha 😆😆👍

• add a heated seat thermostat control
  • provide ability to change default settings (ie driving mode & KERS setting) or to have them remembered from last drive setting
  • change default of recirculation on (ie to off) when HVAC is switched off. It’s the cause of most people’s cars fogging up whilst driving
  • implement a timed diming of the Infotainment screen (except when navigation is active)
  • WIFI enable Android Auto/Carplay
  • enable forward camera to act as a Dash Cam
  • Flat folding rear seats (possibly by lifting rear seat base to allow seat backs to folks plat like in other hatchbacks)

At least two setting for the heated seats would be ok, high and low
I wish the Nav would stay on whatever mode it was on when the car was turned off when you turn it back on, if the basic HVAC system can remember it's settings surely the Nav should be able to be programmed to do so.

Can I just clarify, please?

Am I moving to
a) Yorkshire for the free charging points
b) India for the App
c) Chorley for the customer service.

With my range anxiety, I need to do some extensive planning to get to any of the three!!!
Can't help with the App but Chorley motors Burnley is only a few miles from West Yorkshire so you could combine the other 2. Live in Todmorden or Hebden Bridge with free Rapids and service in Burnley.

Keep your finger on the round silver button under the screen and it turns off shows just a clock
That will also turn off the radio etc. If you want a dark screen and radio etc to stay on, in the bottom right corner of the screen touch the scroll arrow you will then see the off icon for the screen. Then if you want it on again just touch anywhere on the screen.

Someone kicked off this idea on last night's podcast, so let's see what the good boys and girls out there would like to see that's not currently on their MG ZS EV.

I know some Scrooge will come back saying that all these things will drive up the purchase price, but just for a bit of seasonal fun, let's tell Santa MG what we would like.

1. I liked someone's idea of an interior light in the back of the passenger compartment.
  2. I really miss the auto dimming rear view mirror I had on the SEAT.
  3. Having heard Mike's update on the Battery Heater, I think we can score that one off!

Anything else? Please suggest.
Auto dimming rear view mirror - yes please.
Nice hinged covers for the charging port(s) like the Mitsibushi PHEV which I just traded for the MG ZS
Early days for me, only had the car since last Monday!

1. Height adjust seatbelts.
2. Height adjust passenger seat.
3. Rear compartment light.
4. Rear centre armrest.
5. Rear centre arm rest.
6. Regen with ACC.
7. LED headlights with steering adaptability.
8. Auto windows on all 4.
9. Auto climate control.
10. Rear seat removal or flattening.
11. More easily accessed charging port.

I removed my back seat just to see it I could....no problem at all. Getting a back in was a different matter entirely.....made very complicated by the attached seat belt. Never again!

A bigger battery........would be my number one request....I'd happily pay big bucks for it.

Be able to assign to the * button on the steering wheel a one press speed limiter setting.

I find it a real pain to go into setting and select manual or automatic speed setting, then setting up the speed limit i want, this has to be done every time you switch the car on.
I was loaned an mg3 whist my zs ev was in the garage its speed limit setup is so straight forward one button press on steering wheel.

Use regen instead of brakes when on auto pilot.

The wiper blades cannot be folded out to stop them freezing to the glass. On cars where the bonnet gets in the way they usually click into a suitable position. I used a couple of plastic things wedged in between the screen & the wiper arm.

The absence of a transmission lock & centre rear headrest seem a little out of step with the safety regs to me.
Still like the car although I have only driven it 3 times / 60 miles since purchase due to tier 4!!

Attachments

• mg wiper problem.jpg
    mg wiper problem.jpg
    285.9 KB · Views: 157
  • mg zs ev 30-12-2020 (2).jpg
    mg zs ev 30-12-2020 (2).jpg
    289.5 KB · Views: 157
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back