MG ZS missing V2L function

I got the impression that V2L on the MK 2 (refresh) ZSEV model had been officially deprecated - as all trace of it seemed to be removed from the recent specs, as noted by a previous poster.
it’s a shame, as it was a feature that would come in very handy for me and one of the features that swayed me in renewing my MK 1 version. Do you think it would be worth negotiating with my dealer to see if I can get a 2023/2024 model and have them replace the EVCC? I feel that guys who got theirs replaced/installed had a spec sheet which included the feature which is why the upgrade was done FOC.
such a disappointment to lose this feature and not many other midrange EVs have it - or if they do are outrageously expensive…
such a shame too as MG now do a PCP with 0% upto the end of next month….
Decisions, decisions…!

Purely for interest and curiosity value, it would be interesting if we could compare part numbers of the EVCC’s modules ?.
Naturally, you would expect to find differing part numbers of units between the cars that DO have a functioning V2L function and the small batch of Jan 23 cars that do not.
If the part numbers do differ, then this may give a strong indication why the V2L is functioning or not.
At least this way, maybe the owner could identify by a simple check of the part number, if you have the correct EVCC unit installed or not ??.
In the early days of this problem raising its head, owners starting comparing part numbers on the lid of the inverter.
But a bit of a red herring on this one 🤔.
We just need a few kind owners of a NON functioning V2L to provide us with the part number of the EVCC as a proof of theory.
Then we can do a back to back comparison of part numbers.
The car may require a software update also to complete the switch over, but the primary issue is the incorrect ( even faulty batch ) of EVCC’s ??.
Part number comparisons could offer a clue in this direction.
Photo of my "new" EVCC fitted last Friday. Sorry but I don't have any details of the one they replaced as I didn't even know what was to be replaced and where it was!

Attachments

• PXL_20230814_181240082.jpg
    PXL_20230814_181240082.jpg
    370.4 KB · Views: 324
Do you think it would be worth negotiating with my dealer to see if I can get a 2023/2024 model and have them replace the EVCC?
If the V2L feature is very important to you, then yes I would speak to a suppling dealer.
An agreement written into the agreement/ order form that states that if go ahead with the purchase from them, you do so on the full understanding that the V2L function is proved fully operational before the collection date.
The suppling dealer has two options at there disposal.
1) They locate you a car from stock that is pre Jan 23 with a proven function V2L.
2) They gain MG’s permission to switch out the EVCC on a new / post Jan 23 vehicle in order to give you the important feature you require.
It’s not like you are asking for the impossible here.
A module replacement and less than 2 hours worth of labour on the face of it 👍.
Option 2 gives them access to a wide range of held stock / pre reg / X Demo vehicles.

My car (which doesn't have functional V2L, built in 02/23) definitely has a different EVCC module. The part number is 11408732, with a manufacture date of 22-11-24, late November.
Thanks for that, well we now have at least one vehicle that is displaying a EVCC with a different part number as the replacement unit that is being switched out in order to provide the V2L feature in the post Jan 23 effected cars.
Too early to come to any concrete conclusions yet, time will tell I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe firmware version numbers would also tell us whether the EVCC has the V2L functionality. One wrinkle: on MGs, or at least on my Mark 1 ZS EV, you had to be charging for the EVCC firmware number to show up. When not charging (or V2Ling I guess), the EVCC module seems to be sleeping.

Just to close the loop on this thread, dealer fitted replacement part and can now confirm v2l works with after market cable.
Did you check it works with the car inactive (not turned on) and after nothing has been charged / powered from it, for say 10 minutes. Mine stops working with the car turned off unless something continues to draw power. I am going to ask for a software update to resolve that at its first service at the beginning of Sept. Along with the date being Jan 2019 when first turned on in a day, being able to charge at all applicable Tesla charge points, and the dead reckoning fixed on the sat nav.

I've found mine! It's not actually on the front wing but on the chassis member opposite the N/S front wing, quite low down. It is visible from above, partially hidden by a couple of black cloth wrapped cables but once I stopped looking on the inside skin of the wing I found it quite easily.
I would still like to test that my V2L does work but am not keen to buy a cable just to do the test.
My lead was only about £10
This is the one I bought

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
This is my EVCC that is going to be replaced on wednesday, I will be really pleased to finally get the important feature available to use. I found my EVCC on the passenger side facing the wheel.

Attachments

• 20230826_195526.jpg
    20230826_195526.jpg
    448.2 KB · Views: 216
  • 20230826_114321.jpg
    20230826_114321.jpg
    391.8 KB · Views: 201
This is my EVCC that is going to be replaced on wednesday, I will be really pleased to finally get the important feature available to use. I found my EVCC on the passenger side facing the wheel.
Thanks for posting the photos !.
So, it appears now that we have some evidence of TWO different part numbers at least then 🤷‍♂️ .
On @Daver car we appear to have a NEW EVCC replacement part number of :- 11505199.
But on @PremierscfcEV ( who still has the NONE working EVCC ) part number :- 11408732.
@PremierscfcEV when your EVCC is replaced on Wednesday, would you mind letting us know what part number is on the NEW replaced unit ?.
The dealer maybe able to confirm our theory regarding different part numbers.
Many thanks once again (y).

Dealer phoned yesterday, the parts are in and my car is booked in to have the work done on 30th Aug (the first date they had available) 👍
All sorted, V2L now working with car locked too 🥳

Attachments

• IMG_4595.jpeg
    IMG_4595.jpeg
    595.1 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_4596.jpeg
    IMG_4596.jpeg
    336.8 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_4601.jpeg
    IMG_4601.jpeg
    861.1 KB · Views: 143
Recap- 2 weeks ago today took vehicle for assessment and confirmed needed EVCC change.
Dealer texted me today, and they have the part in and arranged fitting at end of month.
They also quoted "up to" 1.5 hours.
Must remember to take lead, power meter and kettle with me
The appointed day came. I dropped off the car at 10:30, and they called me at 11:30 to say it was ready. The dealer Bulldog were efficient.

I tested with a 3kW kettle filled half full and boiled.
The mileage dropped by about one mile.
I'm going to try further tests at a later date.

Attachments

• Thermal still.jpg
    Thermal still.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 122
  • start discharge 152 miles.jpg
    start discharge 152 miles.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 102
  • end discharge 151 miles.jpg
    end discharge 151 miles.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 102
  • Boil Kettle at park.jpg
    Boil Kettle at park.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 92
  • Boil Kettle at park 2400W.jpg
    Boil Kettle at park 2400W.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 137
I had my car fixed today and the new EVCC has the same part number 11505199 as others, they seem to have removed the 12v battery negative cover (unless this is normal). The V2L will now be a really useful and much used feature on my car.

Attachments

• 20230830_213548.jpg
    20230830_213548.jpg
    432.8 KB · Views: 130
  • 20230830_151004.jpg
    20230830_151004.jpg
    514.4 KB · Views: 161
I had my car fixed today and the new EVCC has the same part number 11505199 as others, they seem to have removed the 12v battery negative cover (unless this is normal). The V2L will now be a really useful and much used feature on my car.
Thank you for posting back @PremierscfcEV .
So, it is looking like we have a pretty strong proof of concept on TWO owners cars now then !.
If you are unable discharge via the V2L then a quick part number check, is really worth while.
Cars arriving with EVCC modules part numbered :- 11408732.
Then these appear to be the non-functioning / incorrect modules.
The part number of the EVCC that dealers appear to be replacing them with are :- 11505199.
Disconnecting the 12 volt battery is pretty standard practice TBH.
Glad to hear you are all sorted !.

Last edited by a moderator:
The appointed day came. I dropped off the car at 10:30, and they called me at 11:30 to say it was ready. The dealer Bulldog were efficient.

I tested with a 3kW kettle filled half full and boiled.
The mileage dropped by about one mile.
I'm going to try further tests at a later date.
Today I made some chips (cost 3 miles) and some ice (cost 0 miles).

Attachments

• V2L - Air Fryer - chips.jpg
    V2L - Air Fryer - chips.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 124
  • V2L - Ice maker - 0 change in charge.jpg
    V2L - Ice maker - 0 change in charge.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 169
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back