MG ZS missing V2L function

Had the fix applied yesterday. Dealership said that they had done one other previously and was relatively quick. Part no 11349836.

I took before and after photos and can't see any visible difference - the unit previously pictured in this thread is still the original that came with the car. They said the unit clips in somewhere further down in the motor bay. I haven't been able to test myself yet, but have been assured it was tested as part of the process...will get a cable shortly to try.
Do you have any photos plz ?.

After and before...

Attachments

• 20230805_113656.jpg
    20230805_113656.jpg
    590.9 KB · Views: 157
  • 20230803_183133.jpg
    20230803_183133.jpg
    531.1 KB · Views: 176
Yep - The details on the inverter are the same so it would appear that the EVCC control unit is located in another location in the car as you say ?.
Thanks for the info - we live and learn everyday (y).

Had the fix applied yesterday. Dealership said that they had done one other previously and was relatively quick. Part no 11349836.

I took before and after photos and can't see any visible difference - the unit previously pictured in this thread is still the original that came with the car. They said the unit clips in somewhere further down in the motor bay. I haven't been able to test myself yet, but have been assured it was tested as part of the process...will get a cable shortly to try.
Can recommend EVCables, UK made and can be done to order length wise.

They said the unit clips in somewhere further down in the motor bay.
That's weird; I can't think what this part would be. And it doesn't sound very substantial/expensive, so are they just being bloody minded and/or penny pinching leaving it out now?

The plot thickens. Engineering minds want to know! 🤓

Further complaints to my local dealer have finally produced a result. The required part has been ordered and is expected at the dealer within the next couple of days. Car booked in for this Friday. According to MG the fix is supposed to take 1 hour but dealer hasn't done one before so advised me to allow 2 hours before collecting the car.
I will update the forum after I collect the car on Friday. I trust the garage can check the functioning of the V2L as I don't have the cable. If not I wonder if any forum member in the Potters Bar area has a cable I can use to test?

Well, just back from my local dealership and the necessary part has been fitted, about 1.5 hours in total and apparently the first one they have done so it's probably an hour's job, as advised by MG UK. My "no charge" invoice only refers to carrying out an EVHC which I understand is just an inspection so I have queried whether I should actually have an invoice (free of charge) for replacing the EVCC. There is no visible sign of any work having been done under the bonnet, as noted by a previous comment on this forum and I would really like to be able to test that I now have the V2L function.
Any volunteers near to Potters Bar with the necessary cable who would be willing to let me test my V2L?

Well, just back from my local dealership and the necessary part has been fitted, about 1.5 hours in total and apparently the first one they have done so it's probably an hour's job, as advised by MG UK. My "no charge" invoice only refers to carrying out an EVHC which I understand is just an inspection so I have queried whether I should actually have an invoice (free of charge) for replacing the EVCC. There is no visible sign of any work having been done under the bonnet, as noted by a previous comment on this forum and I would really like to be able to test that I now have the V2L function.
Any volunteers near to Potters Bar with the necessary cable who would be willing to let me test my V2L?
Phew - was relieved to see we weren't the only one!

I've just received a discharge cable (EVcables) and can confirm it worked correctly - supplying a load including when the car was powered off and locked.

Recap- 2 weeks ago today took vehicle for assessment and confirmed needed EVCC change.
Dealer texted me today, and they have the part in and arranged fitting at end of month.
They also quoted "up to" 1.5 hours.
Must remember to take lead, power meter and kettle with me

Recap- 2 weeks ago today took vehicle for assessment and confirmed needed EVCC change.
Dealer texted me today, and they have the part in and arranged fitting at end of month.
They also quoted "up to" 1.5 hours.
Must remember to take lead, power meter and kettle with me
Any chance you could get a photo of the new EVCC and ask them where it is located on the car plz ?.
Other members have been told it is lactated under the bonnet, but nobody knows where to find it.
Given the time taken, it must be a quick install and then maybe some coding is required ????.

I've found mine! It's not actually on the front wing but on the chassis member opposite the N/S front wing, quite low down. It is visible from above, partially hidden by a couple of black cloth wrapped cables but once I stopped looking on the inside skin of the wing I found it quite easily.
I would still like to test that my V2L does work but am not keen to buy a cable just to do the test.

I've found mine! It's not actually on the front wing but on the chassis member opposite the N/S front wing, quite low down. It is visible from above, partially hidden by a couple of black cloth wrapped cables but once I stopped looking on the inside skin of the wing I found it quite easily.
I would still like to test that my V2L does work but am not keen to buy a cable just to do the test.
You would need the cable to use V2L once you have it fixed, so buying one is a worthwhile investment!

Yep, it's bolted to the Chassis rail, can be seen without disturbing anything. I've pointed it out in this picture for those interested.

IMG_3842.jpeg

Purely for interest and curiosity value, it would be interesting if we could compare part numbers of the EVCC’s modules ?.
Naturally, you would expect to find differing part numbers of units between the cars that DO have a functioning V2L function and the small batch of Jan 23 cars that do not.
If the part numbers do differ, then this may give a strong indication why the V2L is functioning or not.
At least this way, maybe the owner could identify by a simple check of the part number, if you have the correct EVCC unit installed or not ??.
In the early days of this problem raising its head, owners starting comparing part numbers on the lid of the inverter.
But a bit of a red herring on this one 🤔.
We just need a few kind owners of a NON functioning V2L to provide us with the part number of the EVCC as a proof of theory.
Then we can do a back to back comparison of part numbers.
The car may require a software update also to complete the switch over, but the primary issue is the incorrect ( even faulty batch ) of EVCC’s ??.
Part number comparisons could offer a clue in this direction.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom