MG4 : 1st Service : What to expect?

I paid £399 for 3 years servicing plus first MOT ... £67.60 cheaper than the Glyn Hopkins pricing.
I got the Glyn Hopkin 3 yr service plan as it was only ….. £189.06!!! Not sure how they worked it out but I went for it.

image.jpg

I went with the 2 year service deal straight from MG. It was a lot cheaper than what my local dealer (Bromley) wanted. About 90 for year 1 vs 150.

Coming up for my MG4 Trophy 1st service in early December. Glyn Hopkin St Albans has quoted me £182.That seems outrageous to me.😲 Got an alternative quote from an MG dealer in Bushey Heath at £144, still seems a lot though.

I'd be interested to hear what quotes owners around North London and Herts are getting.

I've just made some calls to other Glyn Hopkin dealerships:
Mill Hill £238
Romford £251

When I asked the guy at Romford why their prices were so different between branches , he couldn't explain, but said he would do the service for £137.

Last edited:
Coming up for my MG4 Trophy 1st service in early December. Glyn Hopkin St Albans has quoted me £182.That seems outrageous to me.😲 Got an alternative quote from an MG dealer in Bushey Heath at £144, still seems a lot though.

I'd be interested to hear what quotes owners around North London and Herts are getting.

Mill Hill £238
Romford £251

When I asked the guy at Romford why their prices were so different between branches , he couldn't explain, but said he would do the service for £137.
I paid £88.07 at Glyn Hopkin East London .

Mill Hill £238
Romford £251

Here is the pricing GH in St Albans showed me.

IMG_0816.jpeg

Thank you, I saw that picture in your previous comments; good to know that it is the same dealership. I presume that the table headings relate to total miles driven? So why would they want to charge me £182? :unsure: They didn’t ask me my mileage, which is only 5,000

Maybe they read across the wrong line? (The bottom line - MG5 & MCE - is £182.40 in that image).

Thank you, I saw that picture in your previous comments; good to know that it is the same dealership. I presume that the table headings relate to total miles driven? So why would they want to charge me £182? :unsure: They didn’t ask me my mileage, which is only 5,000
Who did you speak to - was it in branch or online / phone?

The price was from the dealership service agent screen.

The earlier image also looks like a dealer service screen, so they could have still misread the line. ;)

All my enquiries were made on the phone. I have written to Glyn Hopkin’s customer service department for an explanation but I don’t expect a response…they are pretty crap on that score.

i will keep you posted on progress. Thanks for the screen shot, very interesting and most useful.

Mill Hill £238
Romford £251

Wow! Didn’t think anyone could beat me on my ridiculous quote! They rang me up a few days ago trying to offered me 3 yr service plan which includes 2x MOT, £770!! 😳
Felt like being ripped off there!!

All my enquiries were made on the phone. I have written to Glyn Hopkin’s customer service department for an explanation but I don’t expect a response…they are pretty crap on that score.

i will keep you posted on progress. Thanks for the screen shot, very interesting and most useful.
It was probably their central Chelmsford office rather than the branch itself.

I had issue with GH Renault having different prices on their booking system than the branch prices and always had to argue about the wrong prices.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 509 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back