MG4 - ABRP / OBD - Query

I think it depends on the dongle. I've left mine in, doesn't seem to have caused any grief. But if using a dongle relate app (e.g. ABRP) then I need to unplug the phone before leaving the car, else it triggers the alarm.

Thanks, I won’t need to use it that often so will just remove after use I guess.

Just hoping I don’t have to setup the OBD again with ABRP

Is it ok to leave the OBD dongle plugged in all the time ?
Not a good idea as most odb gadgets are insecure so someone walking past could pair with it

Not a good idea as most odb gadgets are insecure so someone walking past could pair with it

Thanks, what could they do by pairing with it ? Steal the car ? Excuse my ignorance ?

Edit, having read through the link you posted I will remove, cheers

Thanks, what could they do by pairing with it ? Steal the car ? Excuse my ignorance ?

Edit, having read through the link you posted I will remove, cheers
Yes, they could steal the car by connecting to it, opening the doors and then connecting their own device (or using yours) to start the car without the key.

Hi .. ABRP + OBD is working really well for MG4 .. I already using to plan my entire spring vacation road trip last month .. it's prediction was spot on (a bit on the convervative side but that's fine) ... the only thing is that we need to remove the dongle before we lock the car or it might trip the security system and the alarm will go off ..
Yes, i too found intrusion detection triggered if the dongle still connected & the app still open on my phone & the car is locked. If i force quit the app on my phone i don't need to remove the dongle.

ABRP all working fine now with my OBD, I will still use Zap map though to see if the chargers are working, I try to owning stop at chargers of 3 or more.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 493 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back