MG4 - Accessory wishlist

Agree!

Such a shame the MG4 have done away with the USB port on the rear view mirror mount. Would have made this a lot less messy. That said, as Miles pointed out, could get it professionally wired in to the fuse box. Definitely be a lot less than the £3K (unless you you really like the spoiler and the extra driving aids).
Do you think have a rear camera retro added would invalidate the warranty? Does anyone think it's possible to get a rear camera plummed into the infotainment system so it works and looks as though it came like that without messy cables?

That's the one that really matters, there's no way I'm sitting around for hours waiting for a breakdown service to come along when I can be back up and running in 15 minutes!
I like a spare wheel as well but there is No provisions for a spare on the MG4 and none available from MG and if you manage to find one that would fit it would have to live in the boot I think.
Les

If I recall correctly by the podcast:

1. Type 2 is sold separately (only 3pin supplied)

5. V2l is sold separately something like £150.

I really hope mats are included. Starting to get pricey now (for me) and scanning autotrader I can pick up a 2018 Nissan Leaf Accents for circa £18.

I'm trying to cross reference other cars to benchmark the cost/value relative to like for like cars on the market. £32k is not too far from £36k from a Cupra Born. Which the starts the slippery slope of, well £40k would get me into an Ioniq5...

(Ends up with a mountain of debt and a Porsche Taycan!)
This is something I looked at, I dismissed second hand EV’s inc a 2018 leaf for £18k as it had loads of miles, chademo connection ( which will die out on new rapid chargers in my opinion ) and effectively had no warranty other than the battery.

I got a MG4 SE, £26k, 200miles range, 7 years worry free driving, app to preheat car etc ( until very recently niro’s and kona’s don’t have this )

This is something I looked at, I dismissed second hand EV’s inc a 2018 leaf for £18k as it had loads of miles, chademo connection ( which will die out on new rapid chargers in my opinion ) and effectively had no warranty other than the battery.

I got a MG4 SE, £26k, 200miles range, 7 years worry free driving, app to preheat car etc ( until very recently niro’s and kona’s don’t have this )
I'd double check the 7yr worry free driving if I were you, I thought that when I got my Kia but turns out that it's not all its cracked up to be & noticed MG one has lots of exclusions too.. For example the air con gas is only covered for 6 months, how crazy is that... The infotainment only gets 3yrs cover along with a list of other stuff..

I'd double check the 7yr worry free driving if I were you, I thought that when I got my Kia but turns out that it's not all its cracked up to be & noticed MG one has lots of exclusions too.. For example the air con gas is only covered for 6 months, how crazy is that... The infotainment only gets 3yrs cover along with a list of other stuff..
Aye I had a good read, it’s basically a 3 year warranty on most things, but 7 years on the expensive stuff - motor, inverter, charger, battery.

The leafs was 3 years on most things, 5 on the motor / inverter and 8 on the battery ( plus the passive air cooled batteries on the leaf not taking kindly to rapid Charging also put my off second hand models that had a lot of miles on only a few years )

Was this regarding the reversing camera?
Sorry Jamieev well I was referring to the MG accessories which fiiferMG4 posted,which is why I copied his post and did my answer, but yeh I would think what you asked about the camera would also be expensive if it could be done so sorry for any confusion I may have caused
Les

I like a spare wheel as well but there is No provisions for a spare on the MG4 and none available from MG and if you manage to find one that would fit it would have to live in the boot I think.
Les
Sourcing a correct space saver wheel and jack set won't be a problem at all as soon as the PCD, centre bore, & offset of the wheels are measured, aftermarket space savers are readily available to suit all wheel sizes. You are quite right that It will have to live in a wheel bag in the boot though, which is annoying as the boot isn't huge to start with. There may be scope to turf out the polystyrene insert with the tyre goop kit in it to get a wheel lower though, then refit the floor above it. Might not lose too much space that way. I'll work it out once we get ours as there's just no way I'm driving around with no spare, I can't believe most people are OK with the lack of a spare and the ludicrous inconvenience and use of rescue service resources a simple puncture now causes, how can this be progress?

Do you think have a rear camera retro added would invalidate the warranty? Does anyone think it's possible to get a rear camera plummed into the infotainment system so it works and looks as though it came like that without messy cables?
If the head unit used on the none camera versions is the same, and I think there's a fair chance it will be, there should be an AV input. If so retrofitting a rear camera will be straightforward and doesn't have to be expensive, unless you want to buy the MG part.

Any modifications only affect the warranty in so much as a failure has to have been caused specifically by the modification, so for example, if the display/head unit failed and it can be shown this was caused by your camera install, you would lose that part of warranty cover, but they can't get out of warranty spuriously, they'd have to show it to be the case.

If I recall correctly by the podcast:

1. Type 2 is sold separately (only 3pin supplied)

5. V2l is sold separately something like £150.

I really hope mats are included. Starting to get pricey now (for me) and scanning autotrader I can pick up a 2018 Nissan Leaf Accents for circa £18.

I'm trying to cross reference other cars to benchmark the cost/value relative to like for like cars on the market. £32k is not too far from £36k from a Cupra Born. Which the starts the slippery slope of, well £40k would get me into an Ioniq5...

(Ends up with a mountain of debt and a Porsche Taycan!)
The vehicle to load adapter is £268, and it's just hilarious, it's literally a £25 double RCD socket usually used for outside wall mounting spliced onto a 16A type 2 lead! It's not worth close to half the asking price.

This is the one MG are using: Amazon product ASIN B08CZGKC75

The cables are silly expensive, but the mats are cheaper than the £99 the dealer has charged me. Will be sending them a screenshot.
Not sure if the price £73.84 includes VAT but even if it doesn’t it sould only be £88.60 when you put vat on

Last edited:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel