MG4 - Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) and MG Pilot

Is the MG5 the original or the facelift? If the FL, did it have to be reassessed by NCAP? If not (or it's the original) then LKA doesn't need to stay on as the car was assessed before LKA (and other driver assist systems) became a requirement for a 5-star rating. :)

No not really I can not
Les
It's just a bit of grammar correction Les and probably not really necessary.
'You are quite right there Ian' would be the correct way to make the comment instead of 'your quite right' but no one really cares as it is no big deal as we know what you meant. ;)

Is the MG5 the original or the facelift? If the FL, did it have to be reassessed by NCAP? If not (or it's the original) then LKA doesn't need to stay on as the car was assessed before LKA (and other driver assist systems) became a requirement for a 5-star rating. :)
Hi again Siteguru my MG5 it’s the facelifted Trophy model which I have written about numerous times.
Now to add a little more fuel to the fire the wife has the MG4 SESR had it a year now, when we collected it from the dealer I drove it home as she wish a little nervous at first after about 1/4 mile I stopped the car went in to the infotainment system to turn off the LKA which all most dragged me into a ditch and it as never returned to the on default setting.
I said to the wife that day each time in get in the car you need to do a few checks and make sure this LKA is off before you set off, this we did religiously and it has never come back on.
Now in a couple of weeks it is going in for its first service and I will be asking for NO updates to be done to it if possible LKA is off and stays off that’s how we like it.
Les

Last edited:
Now in a couple of weeks it is going in for its first service and I will be asking for NO updates to be done to it if possible LKA is off and stays off that’s how we like it.
Les
Yep...apparently that is what has been happening with updates for the earlier model MG4's. The problem is that I believe it comes on by default upon restart in the later models and the dealer may say that it is a mandatory update for your model for safety reasons.

Obviously it is a pain in the you know what having to remember to turn this dodgy system off and remind your wife and any other drivers to do the same at each restart.

You should be able to just get in the thing and drive off without adjusting anything like any 'normal' car and this 'feature' probably will be a deal breaker for me as I was looking to buy one in Oz soon. I realize many other EV'S have default LKA but I understand most can be disabled.

I hope you can prevent this update so please keep us informed.

Last edited:
Yep...apparently that is what has been happening with updates for the earlier model MG4's. The problem is that I believe it comes on by default upon restart in the later models and the dealer may say that it is a mandatory update for your model for safety reasons.
.... which is why (at present) that I'll not be taking my 12 month old car to MG for any "servicing" (yes it did go for a safety recall in Jan/Feb 23), as am happy with the car as is. Its recommended to change the keyfob battery, pollen filter & brake fluid every 30,000 miles - thats all (like most EV's - its all optional, but not essential for warrantly on the battery / motor etc. ). The only "servicing" are not warranty related in anycase (as the keyfob, brakes, aircon have already ran out at 12 months)

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 526 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back