MG4 Air-con & Under tray update

My dealer is much the same. They have a really hostile attitude. "Why are you bothered about it?" "These things break anyway, they're just thin plastic." (Yes, really.) Absolutely no sign of them trying to help, it's all stonewalling, pathetic excuses and arse-covering.

What's the betting that when new models come out you'll be receiving invites for test drives , free tea and biscuits and complementary smiles and promises of excellent customer service.
Time to go along at the busy times and ask, in a loud voice, if these are likely to have the same kind of problems and crap customer service as the MG4, i.e. saggy undertray f'r example 😁.
When I bought mine the sales rep actually had the audacity to say he'd never come across the problem.

Can't someone copy the design of the metal bar fix in Australia and make it available over here for independent fitting?
Think it might be that it needs to be fitted to a new ( or at least unwarped) undertray. I think once it's warped it's too late to straighten out again. Fine if it has happened yet, but if it hasn't happened yet, is it needed kind of catch 22 situation.

There's a link to register the fault with MG somewhere in one of the threads . Having registered it with my dealer I myst find that again and do it. Best let them know from all sides.
In the meantime if anyone's got any mates in the fabricating business and a friendly ramp owner.... 🤔😁👍

There's a link to register the fault with MG somewhere in one of the threads . Having registered it with my dealer I myst find that again and do it. Best let them know from all sides.
In the meantime if anyone's got any mates in the fabricating business and a friendly ramp owner.... 🤔😁👍
If you are slightly handy on the tools ,then may I recommend " undertray bodgy fix " as a search, posted by one of Englands leading sheetmetal worker and maintenance engineers. 8 months on and still fixed as intended . (y):giggle: Accrington reds and some timber could makeup some temporary ramps if you were desperate! I did mine with the wheels elevated on 150mm ramps and slid underneath on my back on some old cardboard. o_O

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back