fatih

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Greetings to everyone from Turkey. After 29000 km, my battery health was 95.54%. Is this situation normal? My vehicle is MG4 standard range LFP. I usually charge it with 2.7 kW in my parking lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
At my first service with ~5k miles (~8k km) the SOH was recorded as 95%. This is typical for an LFP battery pack ... higher initial degradation and then this flattens out in subsequent years.

(Courtesy of Google Translate):

~5 bin mil (~8 bin km) ile yaptığım ilk bakımımda SOH %95 olarak kaydedildi. Bu, bir LFP pil paketi için tipik bir durumdur... başlangıçta daha yüksek bozulma olur ve daha sonra bu durum sonraki yıllarda düzleşir.

Car Scanner app with an OBD2 dongle might do it. Otherwise the dealer should be able to read it.

It's not 51%, the range is still good. It wasn't the SoC either. Don't know where they got it from.
If they were using a consumer OBD2 device with car scanner say, then some setups can give occasional misreads. The car scanner help suggests turning off all other Bluetooth connections on the phone for example. In my case changing one of the timeout settings improved the reliability of some of the values (others were always good and yet others stayed bad).

Having said that I really hope an MG garage would always use MG kit, so hopefully this is not your problem.

If they were using a consumer OBD2 device with car scanner say, then some setups can give occasional misreads. The car scanner help suggests turning off all other Bluetooth connections on the phone for example. In my case changing one of the timeout settings improved the reliability of some of the values (others were always good and yet others stayed bad).

Having said that I really hope an MG garage would always use MG kit, so hopefully this is not your problem.
My point is that they shouldn't write 51% SoH and tell me the car is fine.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 502 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back