MG4 Carlinkit

I've occasionally had a black screen with wired AA - but not for quite some time now. It usually happened (on rare occasions) when driving to work; I'd stop to get my lunch, come back to the car, plug my phone back in and AA would black screen.

I'd never tried swiping the screen - if it does happen again I'll try to remember that.

device came with a plastic nubbin that allowed me to tuck the wire seamlessly under the panels.
Android auto kicks off immediately and it seems to be a complete o/s.

unfortunately, I have a updated pixel 7 with android auto built in and it does not seem to pick it up. I can connect as a bluetooth audio device and I may just piggyback the car wifi and use that way .

Pros:
It can be used as is without a phone, using the car hotspot.

Cons:
despite adequate internal memory , a SD card is needed for the camera.

I probably need to sit down for a half hour with it and troubleshoot the phone thing but have not had the time.
just to add, I got a dud device - something off with the camera hardware and I'm expected to ship it back at cost.

Does the Linkit 4.0 come loaded with Youtube, Netflix etc, or do you have to install it? Thanks!

Have you tried removing you phone from the head unit bluetooth connection list? This is how I got mine to work on CarPlay and now works every time.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 506 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back