MG4 Carplay RHD Setting?

CSL

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
I have my new MG4 - everything is perfect - sorted out all the pings and bongs to my liking - and I could not be happier.

However - CarPlay on my infotainment display is shown in LHD format (menu on the passenger side). On my previous MG ZS it was always on the RHD side - making it closer to the driver - map on the right etc. and it just came that way.

Everything I read about CarPlay is that this is a setting controlled in the infotainment system of the parent car (rather than in CarPlay settings).

I can’t find anything in the MG4 settings menus.

Has anyone else seen this too? - has anybody been able to resolve it? - this is the last thing that is playing havoc with my OCD.

I have noticed this but I’m 99% sure I’ve been through every vehicle setting and haven’t found anything to change it. It would be really helpful if MG could have some sort of feedback channel for things like this that would polish the product further.

I’ve emailed customer service about a couple of these types of issues in a constructive way and they don’t want anything to do with it which is sad. They refer to dealers who simply pay lip service.

I had my MG4 have android auto in RHD mode and my new MG5 in LHD mode with both set to auto so I think some cars are reporting themselves as LHD.
In android Auto it's in the phone settings under something like "drivers seat position" which isn't immediately obvious until you click it and it gives the option of LHD, RHD, auto.

Hope this helps.

I had my MG4 have android auto in RHD mode and my new MG5 in LHD mode with both set to auto so I think some cars are reporting themselves as LHD.
In android Auto it's in the phone settings under something like "drivers seat position" which isn't immediately obvious until you click it and it gives the option of LHD, RHD, auto.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, in android auto app on phone go down under general (in blue)

Drivers seat location (just above notifications)
Default (set by car)
Press on that option
● Default set by car
O Left
O Right

No idea - I've not paired my work iPhone with my car, and can't access Carplay settings until pairing is done.

A quick Google suggests that it can be done, but supposedly it has to be done in the car settings:

No idea - I've not paired my work iPhone with my car, and can't access Carplay settings until pairing is done.

A quick Google suggests that it can be done:

Yeh seen that, however I can't find any settings when CarPlay connected to MG4 head, it does not have that option, either Driver Position or Left/Right, just tried it.
Unless someone with CarPlay on here has found a way?

Yeh seen that, however I can't find any settings when CarPlay connected to MG4 head, it does not have that option, either Driver Position or Left/Right, just tried it.
Unless someone with CarPlay on here has found a way?
I've been through every setting with a fine toothed comb in the last 2 months and have not come across a way to switch this. It needs implementing in the car settings. I passed the info on to dealer when I had car in for software updates but no idea if it made it past that desk.

But Android Auto allows you to choose yourself and to heck with what the car wants ... why can't Carplay do the same? ;)

But Android Auto allows you to choose yourself and to heck with what the car wants ... why can't Carplay do the same? ;)
It’s just how MG have integrated CarPlay, it follows the setting from the head unit and other marques have the option to switch to the right hand side, MG in their wisdom decided not to add that functionality, bless their little cotton socks. 😤

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 499 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back