MG4 Carplay RHD Setting?

Same, I’ve rearranged the Home Screen icons on both iterations now at least but it’s weird that it swaps. I prefer the menu bar to be closer to me if I'm honest which I think is the “wrong” way but it works for me. (Then it swaps 🤣 )

Same here !! When I picked the new car up I asked the salesman to setup and bind Ismart app and also connect Apple Carplay. The home screen appeared on the left and I asked him if this was a bug to be fixed. Anyway a bit later when finally driving away we setup Apple Carplay again and it was on the right !! Seems to have a mind of its own 🤷‍♂️

Definitely a bug picked up my SE long range on 25/10 and Apple CarPlay has been RHD until yesterday when it flipped to LHD. Just plugged in a moment ago and now back to RHD. 🙄

Mine did it for the first and only time last week. The only difference to normal was the lefthand indicators were on when I plugged the phone in (I'd just pulled over as I'd forgotten to plug in before setting off). I've been meaning to try it again to see lf it's repeatable.

I have just swapped from an Android to an. Apple phone and am regretting it from the CarPlay aspect.
The menu is on the wrong side now and also I cannot change routes with the touch screen when it suggests a different faster route. I could just touch on it with Android but can’t with Apple :( I also don’t like the red background but that is just me.

Weirdly on my car it has jumped around, picked it up from the Dealer where it was working correctly. Met a mate for some lunch who lives nearby and then on restart it jumped to the left. Got home and the next day it was back to the right again.

Maybe you were playing the Stereo MCs? ;)

To the left to the right
Step it up, step it up it's alright
To the left and to the right
Check the new ride out it's alright

I have my new MG4 - everything is perfect - sorted out all the pings and bongs to my liking - and I could not be happier.

However - CarPlay on my infotainment display is shown in LHD format (menu on the passenger side). On my previous MG ZS it was always on the RHD side - making it closer to the driver - map on the right etc. and it just came that way.

Everything I read about CarPlay is that this is a setting controlled in the infotainment system of the parent car (rather than in CarPlay settings).

I can’t find anything in the MG4 settings menus.

Has anyone else seen this too? - has anybody been able to resolve it? - this is the last thing that is playing havoc with my OCD.

I had this too,

However mine has switched to RHD by itself,

So I’m not sure how it did that,

Maybe after a few attempts it figured it out?

My wife has today taken delivery of a new MG4 Trophy. I've already got a facelift MG5 so have a bit of understanding of the controls however there are a number of differences between them.

When the MG4 was received it had the cruise controls on the left of the steering wheel and the entertainment controls on the right. Somehow this has changed and I can't find anything in the manual about how to change it back.

Can anyone help?

Strange, as I say it was the other way round when received and even the manual says that ACC is on the left and audio/trip etc are on the right
So you are saying that between receiving the car and your wife driving it, somehow it changed the function of the buttons on the steering wheel and swapped ACC and stereo?
Care to take a video? Would be useful to send to MG.

Strange, as I say it was the other way round when received and even the manual says that ACC is on the left and audio/trip etc are on the right
That's because this is the MG4 forum and not the MG5 one
My wife has today taken delivery of a new MG4 Trophy. I've already got a facelift MG5 so have a bit of understanding of the controls however there are a number of differences between them.

When the MG4 was received it had the cruise controls on the left of the steering wheel and the entertainment controls on the right. Somehow this has changed and I can't find anything in the manual about how to change it back.

Can anyone help?
The MG4 and the MG5 have the controls on the opposite sides to each other.

That's because this is the MG4 forum and not the MG5 one

The MG4 and the MG5 have the controls on the opposite sides to each other.
Yes I know, I purely mentioned my MG5 because it's the facelift version with the same infotainment screen so I'm already familiar with many of the settings in the MG4 - although there are obviously some differences.

My topic does relate to the MG4 and as I said in my original post, on receipt the buttons on the steering wheel were set up as per the manual - i.e. Voice control, ACC etc on the left and Audio controls, trip computer etc on the right, now however, they have swapped sides.

I'm not sure if we've (I've) inadvertently changed something in the settings as we were making some changes - e.g. binding her phone and turning off some of the MG Pilot settings but can't see anything that would cause the issue we're encountering, and there's nothing in the manual to explain.

So you are saying that between receiving the car and your wife driving it, somehow it changed the function of the buttons on the steering wheel and swapped ACC and stereo?
Care to take a video? Would be useful to send to MG.
I can certainly take a photo but not sure a video will be any benefit as the buttons configuration is static. My wife left for work at 5am this morning so I'll need to wait until this evening when we're both home.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 502 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back