MG4 Carplay RHD Setting?

R46 here. Before the update, it was on the left. It’s now on the right, but there was one occasion a couple of days ago where it came up on the left. Unplugged the phone and plugged it back in again, and the menu was back on the right again.

It is random, as best as I can tell.

I’ve tried a few things to work out a pattern but no matter what I do and what sequence I do things in, it always ends up in a different place to where I think I should be around half the time.

The only consistent thing is that if it starts on one side, it stays that side until the vehicle is powered down even if the phone is unplugged.

However the second the infotainment system is switched off, if you turn it back on and connect the phone again - all bets are off.

On the SE R33 software this has never happened to me, but a big change was that when plugged in to the car upon starting, car play isn’t working, and you must plug in the cable again after the boot sequence is complete, which wasn’t the case in R13.

On the SE R33 software this has never happened to me, but a big change was that when plugged in to the car upon starting, car play isn’t working, and you must plug in the cable again after the boot sequence is complete, which wasn’t the case in R13.
Yes, this also true on Trophy R46, if you connect the phone too early CarPlay doesn't work.

TBH I couldn't say whether 1100R33 is different to R13 in that respect as I have never tried plugging in my phone until the car has booted up. 🤷‍♂️

I have my new MG4 - everything is perfect - sorted out all the pings and bongs to my liking - and I could not be happier.

However - CarPlay on my infotainment display is shown in LHD format (menu on the passenger side). On my previous MG ZS it was always on the RHD side - making it closer to the driver - map on the right etc. and it just came that way.

Everything I read about CarPlay is that this is a setting controlled in the infotainment system of the parent car (rather than in CarPlay settings).

I can’t find anything in the MG4 settings menus.

Has anyone else seen this too? - has anybody been able to resolve it? - this is the last thing that is playing havoc with my OCD.
Mine resolved this issue after an infotainment software update was installed. Now CarPlay is RHD.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 502 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back