MG4 Central vibration/rattle

juanxu

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Hi! At the end as an electric car so each sound is more clear... I want to share with you a video with a vibration/rattle which is coming from de central air flow or some area behind. I already check that is not the below conducts, the sound is very clear in the area that you can see in the video.

Only perceptible at low speed (Less than 60 KM/H)

What do you think?

Nop, I already fix it, but the sound persist in the area that you can see in the video... so the problem was not solved puting the tapes in the footwells heating system

Are your air vents fully closed, open or to one side or the other?
I get a similar rattle on my Focus if the central air vent is full open.

I tried in all the positions, and sound still there. I’m thinking that it’s a cable or something which is doing the sound but it’s difficult to reach this area….

I have a buzz noise and thought it was coming from the infotainment or vent but in mine and I think I found it. I greased the sunglasses holder (the tip on the clasp, then closed so the grease went inside). Try driving with the glasses door open and see if noise still there?

I have a buzz noise and thought it was coming from the infotainment or vent but in mine and I think I found it. I greased the sunglasses holder (the tip on the clasp, then closed so the grease went inside). Try driving with the glasses door open and see if noise still there?
Funny you should say that. I had a rattle from my Focus that I was having trouble tracing it's source until one sunny day and I took my sunglasses out of the holder and the rattle stopped. 🤣

Hahaha yes also tried ir last week so in my case is not the sunglasses holder. Anyway, I’m happy if this post can help other people XD

Funny you should say that. I had a rattle from my Focus that I was having trouble tracing it's source until one sunny day and I took my sunglasses out of the holder and the rattle stopped. 🤣
Yes we had a recurring periodic rattle in our five - also prevalent in my last two Berlingos and in my wife’s C3 Citroen.
Transpires she keeps the tic tacs in the finger depression of the passenger door pull 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

I’ve just had to have my infotainment screen removed and refitted by the dealership to stop a rattle/vibration. Turns out the clips used to fit the screen to the dashboard can rattle (plastic on plastic) so the dealership applied some insulating tape to the clips before putting back together and problem solved!

I’ve just had to have my infotainment screen removed and refitted by the dealership to stop a rattle/vibration. Turns out the clips used to fit the screen to the dashboard can rattle (plastic on plastic) so the dealership applied some insulating tape to the clips before putting back together and problem solved!
I think that this is going to be my problem, as tomorrow I have to bring it to the dealer to solve the oil leak problem I will ask them to do it and I will come back to you with the results.

@Mrf04 what clips do you mean?? these ones?

Last edited:
Penso che questo sarà un mio problema, dato che domani devo portarlo al concessionario per risolvere il problema della perdita d'olio chiederò loro di farlo e tornerò da te con i risultati.

@Mrf04 quali clip intendi?? Questi?
@Mrf04 I join the question: do you know exactly what they did?

I think that this is going to be my problem, as tomorrow I have to bring it to the dealer to solve the oil leak problem I will ask them to do it and I will come back to you with the results.

@Mrf04 what clips do you mean?? these ones?
Did you then eliminate the vibration from the central display?

i've Just fixed the same sound that coming from hvac, it isn't easy and it take almost 45min to fix it. If any need help i can try to explain how to fix it.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, first of all, sorry for my english because ist't the best :). and seconds, maybe the pieces and position are different because my car isn't a UK versión.

My problem was the AC radiador and the solution was very simple, Just put two or three layers of foam.

For that, you must remove a lot of things. Glovebox, plastic cover down of glovebox, plastic cover on the left side to access to the central ac unit (mine was rigth side).

When all of those plastic are removed, you will see a big Black plastic unit, and at the botton, a Metallica box(grey), that is a high voltage radiator.

Beside, you will see a cover that are looking down, with a few torx screws, you will find it because there are two metalic tubes. Si, you must remove the screws, take of this cover, push up the radiator with your hands, and then, push a few layers of any to help to stay with the correct position.

I attach an older image with a mark where you will find the cover that you must remove. Sorry because i have no more images.

I hope this helps you, but if you need something just tell me.

Attachments

• IMG_20230924_234957.jpg
    IMG_20230924_234957.jpg
    311.3 KB · Views: 128
Last edited by a moderator:

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 531 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%