MG4 CHARGING ISSUES

Daithemix

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hi everyone, I have had a charging issue with my mg4 se where I’ve put my it on charge at my local dragon charging outlet in the village ( 7kw) and left it overnight to charge . Looked at the app on my phone this morning and it said 100% so walked down to collect and get on my way to work . When I unplugged and jumped into car it was only showing 13% charge in batteries ??? Does anyone have any ideas as to why this might be the case ??
Any help would be appreciated thank you.

Hi, was it showing 100% on the Dragon app or the car app and can you post a picture?

Maybe someone turned the charger off overnight ?

Mine seems to stop charging on a 7kw charger if I unlock the the car after locking (i.e. start charge, lock car, check screen is showing charging, come back half hour later, unlock car and charger stops ?).

Mine seems to stop charging on a 7kw charger if I unlock the the car after locking (i.e. start charge, lock car, check screen is showing charging, come back half hour later, unlock car and charger stops ?).
Some oddness there. I was charging at home the other day, unlocked the car to get some stuff out, and while I was in there, I noticed it flashed up "Charge aborted". But I locked it again, checked both the Ohme app and the MG app, and it was still charging 🤷‍♂️ .

I'm pretty sure mine relocks the charge port and resumes charging after a short while, whether I relock the car or not.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 526 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back