MG4 Comfort has cabin vibration:(

starboy

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hello everyone,

Firstly, sorry for my bad english:/ hello from Turkey. I have a mg4 comfort (standard in Europe). Just for one week, when I'm driving, I feel a little cabin vibration about after speed 120km/h. Not steering wheel vibration, it is good.
All tyres havebeen balanced twice and no problem tires and rims.
I don't find any solution. I even bought new winter tires (continental wintercontact t870p), but there is no change :((

Thank you for your reply. I know the finish balancing, but does this cause problems for our vehicles?
Tyre size; 215 50 R17

i am sure that finish balancing on front tyres are ok. but not sure about rear tyres. 2 people are solved their problems with finish balancing. also make sure that your tyre air is at least 250/37 bar.

As you mention it only occurs at a certain speed, try adjusting your bonnet level. If you open the bonnet there are two block knobs either side at the front on the body work which adjust the height of the bonnet when shut, they can be adjusted by hand. I had a problem with noise at about 60 mph and it it turned out these being poorly set at the factory.
This might not be your issue, but worth a try as excessive wind throughput may cause vibration.

Last edited by a moderator:
i am sure that finish balancing on front tyres are ok. but not sure about rear tyres. 2 people are solved their problems with finish balancing. also make sure that your tyre air is at least 250/37 bar.
Im sure the 37 bar.
Next week, I will test drive my friend’s car. It is same model and has tyre.

As you mention it only occurs at a certain speed, try adjusting your bonnet level. If you open the bonnet there are two block knobs either side at the front on the body work which adjust the height of the bonnet when shut, they can be adjusted by hand. I had a problem with noise at about 60 Mph and it it turned out these being poorly set at the factory.
This might not be your issue, but worth a try as excessive wind throughput may cause vibration.
today, I will check it. I hope that it is problem🙏

37 PSI I would guess you mean.

Don't try and inflate to 37 BAR ;)

Hello everyone,

Firstly, sorry for my bad english:/ hello from Turkey. I have a mg4 comfort ( standart in Europe ). Just for one week, when Im driving, I feel a little cabin vibration about after speed 120km/h. Not steering wheel vibration, it is good.
All tyres has balanced two times and no problem tires and rims.
I dont find any solution. I even bought new winter tires (continental wintercontact t870p), but there is no change
Thank you for your reply. I know the finish balancing, but does this cause problems for our vehicles?
Tyre size; 215 50 R17
It is new with this size of tyres in Turkey’s Mg4 Comforts did you visit your dealer about your vibration because dealers know the vibration and rumbling issue with 16” rims but as i said before it is new with 17” set.

Hi all from Italy. I have the same problem. I changed 6 x 4 tyres plus 1 x 4 rims of 16". Nothing. The problem is the car.
Do you have an acoustic big noise just at 30 kmh over imperfect road too?
My car is 1 year old and all the dealers missed solution. I cannot use the car for vibrations and noise.

Hello everyone,

Firstly, sorry for my bad english:/ hello from Turkey. I have a mg4 comfort ( standart in Europe ). Just for one week, when Im driving, I feel a little cabin vibration about after speed 120km/h. Not steering wheel vibration, it is good.
All tyres has balanced two times and no problem tires and rims.
I dont find any solution. I even bought new winter tires (continental wintercontact t870p), but there is no change :((
I too

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all from Italy. I have the same problem. I changed 6 x 4 tyres plus 1 x 4 rims of 16". Nothing. The problem is the car.
Do you have an acoustic big noise just at 30 kmh over imperfect road too?
My car is 1 year old and all the dealers missed solution. I cannot use the car for vibrations and noise.
I have a little noise at about 110kmh.

Same, I have a vibration once over around 60-65mph, it feels like it could be wheel balancing but doesn't go after increasing speed like is usual for out of balance wheels.
I didn't think of checking bonnet as suggested by earlier post if that is juddering around although it doesn't seem like it is, I'll take a look. Another thing I thought was if it could be undertray flexing about with the increased airflow but all seems secure down there too?

I dont think so that not related to airflow. Because, my friend’s same cars dont have balance and vibration problems.
I think to finish balance rear tries.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 501 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel