MG4 estate to replace MG5

I've separated the two separate topics that were in this thread. This one continues as a discussion on Estates whilst the other (alternative names for the XPower) has been merged into the thread raised to discuss that very topic: https://www.mgevs.com/threads/if-they-hadn’t-called-it-the-xpower.15136

I particularly like sports estates /shooting brakes.Namely Volvo P1800 ES , Reliant Scimitar ,Subaru Impreza Estate . I think these cars look better than their saloon or coupe derivatives.

Estate in a heartbeat. Don't know whether cancelling my February 16th delivery is a good idea now though
Aye.
If your happy to wait til Feb 2025.
I haven't even seen a render yet so could be even longer.
Definitely be interested though.
I've had a lot of fast estates.
They just look cool.

Not sure VW is a brand to follow!
A bit rude! 🤣
Oddly Ive never owned a VW product.
But always loved the look of the Golf.
R.Obvs!

Aye.
If your happy to wait til Feb 2025.
I haven't even seen a render yet so could be even longer.
Definitely be interested though.
I've had a lot of fast estates.
They just look cool.
Just before we got the ID.3 I saw a Skoda Superb estate in basic trim (SE L I think it was called) but with the 276/280bhp EA888 from Golf R and rest of VAG. Was sorely tempted- especially with the brown paint and cream leather too.

Would've been a good last ICE in that it ticked all the boxes but have loved the first foray into EVs.

19 days to go...

Just to make you feel old. It's 30 years since this made it's BTC debut...

1706510058584.png

As an MG 5 owner I would a 4x4 MG4 estate but would prefer it detuned a bit and the biggest battery fitted to increase range to 320 mies! also a slight increase in ground clearence would help! Meanwhile I will keep running the MG5 and the Skoda Octovia Scout which gives a range of 600 miles and 45 mpg and good ground clearence.
Why does the world always expect people want 4x4 and boy racer speed? I use to have an Audi Quattro and I only bought that for the grip and space. In those days the through the steering was awful so you could not really exploit the cars real potential. I hope the steering on the MG is better!!

As an MG 5 owner I would a 4x4 MG4 estate but would prefer it detuned a bit and the biggest battery fitted to increase range to 320 mies! also a slight increase in ground clearence would help! Meanwhile I will keep running the MG5 and the Skoda Octovia Scout which gives a range of 600 miles and 45 mpg and good ground clearence.
Why does the world always expect people want 4x4 and boy racer speed? I use to have an Audi Quattro and I only bought that for the grip and space. In those days the through the steering was awful so you could not really exploit the cars real potential. I hope the steering on the MG is better!!
Yeah, I bought the Xpower because of the 4WD. Not so pleased when I found out it only had 4WD not going reverse. I liked the standards' suspension the best, and don't have the need for this car to be so sporty. A bigger battery, dual motor front and rear from the 125 kW version, standard suspension/raised comfort suspension, and a estate with a more decent 1500 kg towbar would be perfect! MG4 Xcomfort or MG4 Xutility would be suitable names. Yes please.

As I was parked parallel to a MG5 earlier today I really saw the estate difference.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom