MG4 estate to replace MG5

I'm almost certain that's just a render.
BTW - No other car website is confirming this story yet.

Apologies for posting this up @WonkoTheSaneUK
I've only just noticed you did it at 9am.

I've asked to get it moved to the earlier thread on MG4 Estates, but was told to do it myself.
It's not gone well. 🤣

View attachment 24382

This is the first picture I've seen.

I'm out.

Looks too long to my eye, but thats maybe because I'm just used to the hatchback.

As ever, cars usually look better in the flesh.

I've asked the mod to move this to the other X Power Estate thread 👍

EDIT : Third time I've been back.
It's growing on me 🤣

Just looks wrong to me, like it's just an MG4 image that's been stretched in the middle.

Just looks wrong to me, like it's just an MG4 image that's been stretched in the middle.
1709076554560.png

Looking at the picture you can see it's definitely a render mocked up by AutoCar - Look at the back wheel compared to the front. They've hacked the front of an MG4 to the back of an MG5 Trophy

I'd definitely be interested though, gotta love an estate and it's the most logical shape for an electric car; long and low (plus I can get all the football coaching kit in it). Mind you, I've got another 3 years on the MG5 before I can look at trading it in so who knows what there'll be by then.
As long as it's an estate/SW/Shooting Brake/insert preferred term here I'll be seriously considering it

If it turns out like an Octavia estate it'll be a winner. I loved the two I had as company cars. I'd certainly be tempted by an electric Octavia.

Not the best looking but the extra space would be loved by my doggy.

View attachment 24397
Looking at the picture you can see it's definitely a render mocked up by AutoCar - Look at the back wheel compared to the front. They've hacked the front of an MG4 to the back of an MG5 Trophy

I hope they won't be delivered with AUTOCAR printed on the sill, almost as bad as BYD's BUILD YOUR DREAMS on the tailgate ;)

Seriously though, can only hope MG will take the opportunity to refine the rear end appearance for the estate, it's the least successful angle on the hatch IMO :sick:

AS long as it doesn't have the MG4 tail, I'd have one... most of the MG4s I've seen loook filthy around the tail gate in winter...

I came across this article on Autocar and wondered how many members would be interested in going for an estate version of the MG4 when it comes time to trade in your current model. I would certainly give it some consideration and take it for a test drive.
Autocar article
IMG_6959.png

It'll be a long time (hopefully) before I'll be looking to replace my car, so I'm sure the market will have advanced considerably by that time. Hence I've selected the Not Interested option as that reflects my current view. :)

I came across this article on Autocar and wondered how many members would be interested in going for an estate version of the MG4 when it comes time to trade in your current model. I would certainly give it some consideration and take it for a test drive.
Autocar article
View attachment 24438
Thought i recognised it. 🤔
Honda Civic estate? 🙄🙂
BTCC anyone? 😀

20240229_171937.jpg

It'll be a long time (hopefully) before I'll be looking to replace my car, so I'm sure the market will have advanced considerably by that time. Hence I've selected the Not Interested option as that reflects my current view. :)
It appeals to me, as I did look at the MG5 in terms of space, however I preferred the design and specs of the MG4. I won’t be in the market for one though until my PCP finishes in three years and as you said, the market will have advanced considerably even in that short time.

There's certainly a similarity.

The only problem with the rendering for the MG4 Estate is that the charge port has disappeared. 😂
Oh no! 😅 I hope it’s not at the front like the current MG5’s. I like to reverse onto my drive, so I can head off to work easily the next day.

No, I don't want such a big car. The only other two MG4s that might interest me are the ER (if I'm being sensible when I think about long trips) or the X-Power (when I'm not being sensible). But the reality is that I'm extremely happy with the car I have.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom