MG4 - First UK dealer hands on photos and specifications

The other thing is that I imagine there will be some cancellations after test drives. I cancelled my Niro EV due to the comfort of the front seats (otherwise excellent car). If the MG4 seats are not good for me or room in the back isn't what I need then I'd unfortunately have to cancel.

While the boot light appears to be LED, the interior lamps look to be halogens.

Screenshot_20220822-005231_ES File Explorer Pro.jpg

Pre-ordered a Trophy. Was combing through available specs and had a few questions.
Any ideas?

Trophy has,
-Projector LED Headlights with reflective technology
How is it different to SE with just Projector LED. Aren't all headlamps having reflectors?

-4 Regenerative Braking Modes (Auto, 1, 2, 3)
How does Auto regen in this car function?

- Trophy kerb weight 30 kgs more than SE. Which additional kit would add up to 30kgs?

-Driving Modes (eco, sport, snow, custom, standard
supposed to be RWD, how do the snow driving mode work?

Last edited:
Pre-ordered a Trophy. Was combing through available specs and had a few questions.
Any ideas?

Trophy has,
-Projector LED Headlights with reflective technology
How is it different to SE with just Projector LED. Aren't all headlamps having reflectors?

-4 Regenerative Braking Modes (Auto, 1, 2, 3)
How does Auto regen in this car function?

- Trophy kerb weight 30 kgs more than SE. Which additional kit would add up to 30kgs?

-Driving Modes (eco, sport, snow, custom, standard
supposed to be RWD, how do the snow driving mode work?
The podcast is worth listening to if you haven't already MG EVs Podcast Friday 19 August 2022 @ 7:30pm BST

Hi Leo, good questions above which I can’t answer, but the one about the snow mode I two was also wondering about that and I shall guess that it changes the drive gearing some how, a-bit like setting off in 2nd gear in a manual gearbox but I’m probably totally wrong.
How the carpets these days in yours all been good I trust.

And as nutnut above has pointed out maybe an answered is in the podcast from Friday which I two have got to watch tonight been a very busy weekend for me with family
Les

Last edited:
Are the dealers deciding how much Deposit you pay. Have seen £99 and £500 mentioned now.
Yes, at Chorley Group we felt that £99 was a level at which customers would feel able to place a deposit, yet not feel like they'd tied up a large sum in the event that delivery took a while.
£500 shows a stronger commitment from a customer, but we felt it was unneccessary. We're not going to have any problem shifting these cars if someone cancels prior to delivery.

@Les burrows , on your phone get AmiGO app, it is Tomtom, is free and is pretty good, I've been trying it out recently.
Hi Gomev the Been playing around with the App you told me about A couple of weeks back,AmiGO, and yes thank you,it’s very good especially the cameras side of it but the compass in it is always pointing in the wrong direction I:e south when I know I’m travelling north and try as I may I can’t get it to work with the CarPlay in my MG5 I have an IPhone 13 pretty new it is am I doing something wrong google maps works ok with CarPlay but no of.
Also do you know or does anyone reading this know if CarPlay can be use without a cable I:e wirelessly. I have never use CarPlay before trying this app out.
Les

Yes, at Chorley Group we felt that £99 was a level at which customers would feel able to place a deposit, yet not feel like they'd tied up a large sum in the event that delivery took a while.
£500 shows a stronger commitment from a customer, but we felt it was unneccessary. We're not going to have any problem shifting these cars if someone cancels prior to delivery.
Chorley Group were highly recommend to me so I placed my preorder with them eventhough I have dealerships nearer to home.

I wonder how big dealerships, such as CG, enter orders with MG UK. Are these in chronological order of when the preorder was placed, in order of specs and colour, any random order or priority given to certain customers well known to the dealership?

Want to thank @Miles Roberts CG and others for the input and very helpful podcast on friday. My first EV is now reserved! I went for SE short range for pure value. Dealer at Mg Longbridge/Redditch says he's had loads of orders for trophy but i was only 2nd order for short range sp i might be well up the list for first batch. I've also gone rogue and said 'smurf' blue! Looked good on hs in showroom to be fair and its different. Dealer says changes can be made to order and they will assess things when they know what is actually available.

I had hoped MG ditched their basic “6 speaker” system and went with a decent one with a sub, especially for the Trophy trim. I would have happily paid extra for one.

Electrifying have posted their MG4 review

They say they'll post a video review soon

I'm sure they will but it might take a little while before an official NCAP rating is released. In the meantime early adopters might have some difficulty getting a competitive insurance quote.
7th September is the next round of test results from Euro NCAP, assuming the MG4 is part of that group then the results will be available before customers get their cars 🙂

Sounding promising and looking good in the pics. (Apart from the mis-attached boot side seat cloth...)

Note you have to register to read the whole article.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 532 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back