MG4 - First UK dealer hands on photos and specifications

I have the issue with preheat only when plugged in not charging and so this workaround works for me, to save a long walk in the office carpark, when I get a charge. So if it's finished charging I restart the charge by increasing the charge to % and this allows a cabin preheat. Once heating I can stop the charge and the heating continues.
@Crawfyp what infotainment version are you on?
I’m on R30

What makes anybody think that this is an infotainment version issue as a matter of interest? I would have thought it's more likely a module or vehicle issue? 🤔

Just asking out of curiosity

Hmm, that rules that out as the difference that means you can't preheat while plugged in and charging.
Are you iPhone app user or Android?

It's just that Siteguru posted a faceache note that stated MG are aware of the preheat issue and its a vehicle side problem...whatever that may mean. I can only think that the cp signalling is detecting that it is plugged in and stopping the start preheat signalling somehow...theory ...hence vehicle side..again all theory

Both operating systems can activate preheat when no cable is plugged in...is that correct? If so the api is working correctly in that case no matter ios or android.

If not I am with you on app version

Is the car possibly checking if it has an available active charger, if not draw from the battery decision and thats where it fails. Possibly it fails to interpret expected cp/pp signalling at the charger and gets its knickers in a twist.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 500 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back