MG4 granny charger

An electrician is going to install a double socket with RCD at the front of the house next week....I'm about to order a 15m granny extension from tough leads, so is it worth also getting the in-line RCD on this aswell or should the extension without RCD be fine considering the socket will have it?

The advice they have on the Tough Leads website for the extension lead is that if the socket isn't RCD protected already, to select one of the RCD options for the lead (inline, or plug RCD)

The advice they have on the Tough Leads website for the extension lead is that if the socket isn't RCD protected already, to select one of the RCD options for the lead (inline, or plug RCD)
Thank you - I spoke to the electician earlier today so it will be installed with RCD so will just go for the extension cable without.

Thank you - I spoke to the electician earlier today so it will be installed with RCD so will just go for the extension cable without.
Just out of curiosity. If you're having an electrician to install a double socket etc. why not have a wall charger fitted instead?

Just out of curiosity. If you're having an electrician to install a double socket etc. why not have a wall charger fitted instead?
I dont have a driveway installed so car is on the road outside....I do have an option to put in a driveway at some point but not one that is planned for the next couple of years

Just received the granny extension cable from Tough Leads and it looks and feels very impressive! Looking forward to testing it out eaarly next week.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back