MG4 Hard Copy Owner's Manual

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

Since I started printing the MG4 hardcopy manuals, I have been using Evri to deliver them due to the problems associated with the postal strikes. No comments please!

However, due to being let down by Evri losing 6 manual sets (out of 86 sent), all on the same day (🤬), I have decided not to use them in future. I will revert to using Royal Mail, as I feel that, despite their industrial problems, it will prove to be the more reliable service and certainly easier to deal with when attempting to claim compensation.

Because of this, the manual printing costs will remain the same but the P&P will change.
I now have a revised price list as follows:

Owner's Manual sent 1st class postage = £13.35p​
Owner's Manual sent 2nd class postage = £12.75p​
Sat Nav and Infotainment Manual sent 1st class postage = £7.06p​
Sat Nav and Infotainment Manual sent 2nd class postage = £6.66p​
Both manuals sent Tracked 24 = £19.01p​
Both manuals sent Tracked 24 = £17.91p​

I have 5 Nav and Infotainment manuals currently available and will shortly (10 Jan) have 9 Owner's Manuals available. Usual procedure for requesting manuals, just DM me on here and I'll send you the pricing and bank details (y)

Cheers
Bernie
Small correction - ooops!
Both manuals sent Tracked 24 = £17.91p should read Both manuals sent Tracked 48 = £17.91p

Last edited:
As it's likely I will probably have a few more weeks of waiting before my car miraculously appears, I've decided that I'd like to get some light bedtime reading done. As the MG4 manual is available only online, and they advise no screen watching before bed, I've decided to get the manual printed.
I know someone did this for the ZS, but I've not seen anyone do it for the MG4 yet.

It'll be A4 landscape, double sided in black and white (apart from an appropriate colour cover page) on 100gm paper, comb bound with a clear front cover and card rear cover.
The reason I mention this is because if I order in quantity, the price comes down, so I'm taking this opportunity to ask the community if anyone else would like a copy.

The price for one copy is £23.02 plus p&p, but could be less if enough people express an interest. For instance, if I order 10 copies the price drops to just £12.90 + p&p per copy.

So, is there anyone interested in a MG4 hard copy owner's manual?

EDIT: On the pages where the colour of icons are illustrated, I have edited the pdf file to annotate each icon with it's respective colour.

Is this still available?

OK folks, its looking like I'm going to have to stop printing any fresh copies of the manuals I'm afraid due to the incompetence (criminality??) of the Evri (dis) organisation.

A considerable number of people have had their manuals lost or not delivered despite Evri claiming they have been. It is proving impossible to make a claim, even though Evri accepted payment to include compensation coverage, because the value of the items cannot be proved. How that works for people who knitted things as presents and then had them lost, who knows??

Because of this, if all those who have not received their manuals in a decent amount of time please contact me, if you want, I will endeavour to either reimburse you or send you replacement manuals at my expense. I do not use Evil Evri anymore and never will again.

I will repeat this message via DM to all those I know have been affected so far.

Thanks for your understanding.

As it's likely I will probably have a few more weeks of waiting before my car miraculously appears, I've decided that I'd like to get some light bedtime reading done. As the MG4 manual is available only online, and they advise no screen watching before bed, I've decided to get the manual printed.
I know someone did this for the ZS, but I've not seen anyone do it for the MG4 yet.

It'll be A4 landscape, double sided in black and white (apart from an appropriate colour cover page) on 100gm paper, comb bound with a clear front cover and card rear cover.
The reason I mention this is because if I order in quantity, the price comes down, so I'm taking this opportunity to ask the community if anyone else would like a copy.

The price for one copy is £23.02 plus p&p, but could be less if enough people express an interest. For instance, if I order 10 copies the price drops to just £12.90 + p&p per copy.

So, is there anyone interested in a MG4 hard copy owner's manual?

EDIT: On the pages where the colour of icons are illustrated, I have edited the pdf file to annotate each icon with it's respective colour.
Well impressed with the two handbooks just received. Thank you

Given Bernie's location, I suspect it is more this (but being more on the shipping Out rather than delivering In side of things, impacted by the same issues)?

I think that it is more an issue with their Bristol distribution depot. All the missing deliveries, except one, are marked as being "At depot" but have been now for over two weeks 🙁

Well, my manuals arrived this morning bang on time with the Royal mail. Well done Sloucher, they look very professional. Waiting for my Trophy to arrive, expected 1st March so a little bedtime reading!

Yaay, discount figure hit :D

Ok, if all those who'd like a copy (or two) would like to DM me with your details (name, email address is fine for now), I'll get the order for 10 copies in now. Hopefully, delivery to me will be next week and I'll then let you know when they're ready to post out to you and we can get the payment sorted then.

Cheers
Bernie

PS, The offer is still open, so I can always get another batch printed if wanted.
Only joined the forum today, learning myself into the MG4 while awaiting delivery. Would be very interested in a printed copy of the owners' manual. How do I DM you?

OK folks, its looking like I'm going to have to stop printing any fresh copies of the manuals I'm afraid due to the incompetence (criminality??) of the Evri (dis) organisation.

A considerable number of people have had their manuals lost or not delivered despite Evri claiming they have been. It is proving impossible to make a claim, even though Evri accepted payment to include compensation coverage, because the value of the items cannot be proved. How that works for people who knitted things as presents and then had them lost, who knows??

Because of this, if all those who have not received their manuals in a decent amount of time please contact me, if you want, I will endeavour to either reimburse you or send you replacement manuals at my expense. I do not use Evil Evri anymore and never will again.

I will repeat this message via DM to all those I know have been affected so far.

Thanks for your understanding.
Hi Bernie
Just picked up my MG4 SE and among all my paperwork and PX with Yaris Hybrid was your manual - my dealer was very impressed. I did not say exactly where I got it only that quite a few have been distributed.
I have the Holborn Blue and it’s a great colour.

Have safely received my printed handbooks today, courtesy of Royal Mail tracked. Thanks you so much Bernie for this splendid piece of work. I look forward to browsing them over the remaining weeks while I await delivery of my MG4 Trophy. 😎

There is now an updated thread on this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 471 79.0%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 79 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.7%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums