MG4 Hard Copy Owner's Manual

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like you will have a lot of interest. I suggest setting the price and having more printed off than required to begin with. (I don't need one, btw.)

@TheArcher thanks for the suggestion, but that actually is pretty much the "business model" I utilise. I get batches of manuals printed in anticipation of demand. However as this is at my own personal expense, I like to get an idea of demand before ordering fresh batches, as I need to have a minimum of 10 manuals printed per batch in order to get a reasonable price. I'm doing this as a service, not to make a profit (which isn't allowed on the forum anyway), so, understandably I hope, don't want to tie up too much of my own money in unsold manuals.

The manuals do have a fixed price, which is:
Owner's Manual £9.67 + £2.69 postage + £0.38 packing = £12.74
Navi Manual £4.63 + £2.69 postage + £0.38 packing = £7.70
Both Manuals £9.67 + £4.63 + £2.99 postage + 2 x £0.38 packing = £18.05

I will be receiving another batch (10) of SatNav/Infotainment manuals tomorrow (5 Jan) so I'll have up to 4 Owner's manuals and 8 SatNav/Infotainment manuals available then (y)

Hi I would like a copy of the owner manual please a bit of light reading while waiting for delivery

Thanks

@TheArcher thanks for the suggestion, but that actually is pretty much the "business model" I utilise. I get batches of manuals printed in anticipation of demand. However as this is at my own personal expense, I like to get an idea of demand before ordering fresh batches, as I need to have a minimum of 10 manuals printed per batch in order to get a reasonable price. I'm doing this as a service, not to make a profit (which isn't allowed on the forum anyway), so, understandably I hope, don't want to tie up too much of my own money in unsold manuals.

I will be receiving another batch (10) of SatNav/Infotainment manuals tomorrow (5 Jan) so I'll have up to 4 Owner's manuals and 8 SatNav/Infotainment manuals available then (y)
Would it be possible to have both manuals posted to Ireland.

Hi everyone,

Since I started printing the MG4 hardcopy manuals, I have been using Evri to deliver them due to the problems associated with the postal strikes. No comments please!

However, due to being let down by Evri losing 6 manual sets (out of 86 sent), all on the same day (🤬), I have decided not to use them in future. I will revert to using Royal Mail, as I feel that, despite their industrial problems, it will prove to be the more reliable service and certainly easier to deal with when attempting to claim compensation.

Because of this, the manual printing costs will remain the same but the P&P will change.
I now have a revised price list as follows:

Owner's Manual sent 1st class postage = £13.35p​
Owner's Manual sent 2nd class postage = £12.75p​
Sat Nav and Infotainment Manual sent 1st class postage = £7.06p​
Sat Nav and Infotainment Manual sent 2nd class postage = £6.66p​
Both manuals sent Tracked 24 = £19.01p​
Both manuals sent Tracked 24 = £17.91p​

I have 5 Nav and Infotainment manuals currently available and will shortly (10 Jan) have 9 Owner's Manuals available. Usual procedure for requesting manuals, just DM me on here and I'll send you the pricing and bank details (y)

Cheers
Bernie

Understood, Slouched. 👍🏻

However, due to being let down by Evri losing 6 manual sets (out of 86 sent), all on the same day (🤬), I have decided not to use them in future. I will revert to using Royal Mail, as I feel that, despite their industrial problems, it will prove to be the more reliable service and certainly easier to deal with when attempting to claim compensation.
If it's anything like when Evri, or Hermes as it was then, lost an item I'd sent back to a supplier they will miraculously turn up just after you've jumped through the final hurdle of claiming compensation.
It still cost me money as the time it took for the item to finally be delivered meant it was outside the suppliers return window and I got charged for a late return.

Could I ask I moderator -
I was just wondering Mr Moderator, would it be possible to have a sticky post regarding the manuals? Sorry if this is the wrong way to request this or if I'm out of order, but I just thought it may be useful for new owners coming onto the forum for the first time and not seeing this thread due to the popularity of the forum adding loads of new posts each day.

Thanks for your kind offer. Please include an A5 version for me.

As it's likely I will probably have a few more weeks of waiting before my car miraculously appears, I've decided that I'd like to get some light bedtime reading done. As the MG4 manual is available only online, and they advise no screen watching before bed, I've decided to get the manual printed.
I know someone did this for the ZS, but I've not seen anyone do it for the MG4 yet.

It'll be A4 landscape, double sided in black and white (apart from an appropriate colour cover page) on 100gm paper, comb bound with a clear front cover and card rear cover.
The reason I mention this is because if I order in quantity, the price comes down, so I'm taking this opportunity to ask the community if anyone else would like a copy.

The price for one copy is £23.02 plus p&p, but could be less if enough people express an interest. For instance, if I order 10 copies the price drops to just £12.90 + p&p per copy.

So, is there anyone interested in a MG4 hard copy owner's manual?

EDIT: On the pages where the colour of icons are illustrated, I have edited the pdf file to annotate each icon with it's respective colour.
I've added my interest to the thread you initiated. How can I now provide my postal address and make payment?
Great initiative, well done! Better organised than MG UK.
Ingo Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 507 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video