MG4 improvement wish list

There used to be a Feedback option in the iSMART app but that disappeared from v1.1.8 onwards (I think).

An option to change (i.e increase) the font size, please!

Nigel & Susan from The EV Puzzle, didnt like it mainly because of this! (and I must admit I do agree, the font is crazily small for some of the text)

Nigel & Susan from The EV Puzzle, didnt like it mainly because of this! (and I must admit I do agree, the font is crazily small for some of the text)

The worst review ever the pair of them are depressing and some of their moans are ridiculous and I don't even have a 4

The worst review ever the pair of them are depressing and some of their moans are ridiculous and I don't even have a 4
I (of all people) have some sympathy with dealers and manufacturers when I see this type of person review…

In an effort to get a quick fix to the lack of rear courtesy light, I bought a pack of minuscule usb lights, in various colours, to try out. Plugged into the rear USB port, they do quite a decent job of providing subdued lighting in the rear and not distracting the front occupants. They cost about £6 for all 7 of them.

8EFD4956-7F1E-4BBA-ADFA-37FE20A12FDB.jpeg
21B038CD-BF45-47DA-9199-5C7B5A335434.jpeg

Last edited:
In an effort to get a quick fix to the lack of rear courtesy light, I bought a pack of minuscule usb lights, in various colours, to try out. Plugged into the rear USB port, they do quite a decent job of providing subdued lighting in the rear and not distracting the front occupants. They cost about £6 for all 7 of them.

View attachment 14494View attachment 14495View attachment 14496
This is what I have gone for too. Only problem is when you need the usb port for something else.

Some manufacturers are adding a false gearbox and false engine sound in order to make driving an EV more like normal.
This is not something I would want as the thought of driving an automatic is quite appealing.

But I put it out there for any comments.

Most phones / tablets these days have a text size option, it's considered an accessability feature. It's a shame the car software doesn't currently do this.

I'd also like an option to increase the icon size also on certain screens, some of them are so tiny.

Some manufacturers are adding a false gearbox and false engine sound in order to make driving an EV more like normal.
This is not something I would want as the thought of driving an automatic is quite appealing.

But I put it out there for any comments.
Completely silly IMO. It's like the first drivers of ICE cars having horse's hooves and whinny sounds on a gramophone .
The motor and inverter make a cool wheeee noise when accelerating :)

I find the ergonomics, specifically the steering wheel position less than ideal, feel like I've got my arms in the air even with the wheel on it's lowest setting.
The middle armrest is fine, but I can only catch the door one with the end of my elbow.
At 5' 10'' and 12 stone I think I'm an average human, so expected to fit better :oops:

It really needs a design tweak to stop the charger door from freezing closed. Mine has frozen solid in only minus 2, so heaven help those in colder weather. I thought these cars were stress tested in Arctic conditions!
The problem has two elements:
1. The plastic locking pin sits in a sloping recess. This recess collects water as there is no drain. This water freezes. Solution is for MG to re-engineer the recess to either have a drain or to angle it so water does not collect. I shall be filling this recess with Vaseline which I hope will mean less water can collect and freeze
2. The charge door itself freezes because water collects all around the edges. Not sure how to avoid this. Am reluctant to slather Vaseline round the edges as I worry it might damage the paintwork.

Silicon spray to stop the rubber seals freezing onto the car. (Avoid Vaseline as it is petroleum-based and may cause the rubber to rot).

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back