MG4 infotainment screen only shows MG

JohnS

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
My MG4 Excite 51 (the cheapest version in Australia) intermittently blanks the infotainment screen and only shows the MG startup logo. Even when the car was locked this screen stayed on for a while. When restarted there were no problems.
Any ideas?

My MG4 Excite 51 (the cheapest version in Australia) intermittently blanks the infotainment screen and only shows the MG startup logo. Even when the car was locked this screen stayed on for a while. When restarted there were no problems.
Any ideas?
Also, this doesn't change when in reverse (no camera)

Try swiping down from the top of the screen to see if the little drop down menu appears where you can turn the screen off or on.
If not then press the home button for 15 seconds to reboot it.

Like Kithmo said, hold the home button for 15 seconds. That will reboot the infotainment system.

Don't freak out when the car throws a few errors during the reboot, they clear right after.

This happened with my essence and led to the infotainment screen permanently showing the mg logo. Infotainment screen has been deemed faulty, have been waiting almost 3 months for a replacement.

Thanks for your replies. The next time this happens I'll try swiping down from the top of the screen as there's no home button to press.
Cheers
John

Thanks for your replies. The next time this happens I'll try swiping down from the top of the screen as there's no home button to press.
Cheers
John
The home button is one of the physical buttons at the bottom of the infotainment screen. It's the one to the right of the hazard lights that looks like a house.

On my LR Trophy, I do find the boot up of the infotainment screen very erratic. Last couple of days, it's come on almost instantly when I've sat down in the seat..... other times it thinks about it for over a minute, then the logo appears.... thinks about it again and then the home screen appears...!!

On my LR Trophy, I do find the boot up of the infotainment screen very erratic. Last couple of days, it's come on almost instantly when I've sat down in the seat..... other times it thinks about it for over a minute, then the logo appears.... thinks about it again and then the home screen appears...!!
Same here !.
It can be really sluggish on times and yet instant the next 🤷‍♂️.

It boots up quicker if you unlock the car with the fob as you approach.
I find mine takes quite a bit longer to even start booting up when in an underground car park, it's as if it needs a signal from something like GPS or a phone mast :unsure:

It boots up quicker if you unlock the car with the fob as you approach.
I use the fob about 99% of the time, very rarely do I lock / unlock the car with the App TBH.
I find it too time consuming, quicker to zap it with the fob.
The only time I find it handy, say I am outside and I have left the keys back in the house.
If my phone is in my pocket, I will use it to unlock the car if I just want to grab something maybe.

I use the fob about 99% of the time, very rarely do I lock / unlock the car with the App TBH.
I find it too time consuming, quicker to zap it with the fob.
The only time I find it handy, say I am outside and I have left the keys back in the house.
If my phone is in my pocket, I will use it to unlock the car if I just want to grab something maybe.
I don't use the app, I use the button on the door probably half the time.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 502 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back