MG4 Lane keep assist

Mine is an SE SR and lane assist stayed off. :)
Until the latest update…:rolleyes:
So if you want to keep lane assist off, you’ll have to beg your dealer not to update the software.
Which they’ll say they can’t do as it will invalidate the warranty etc
Catch 22.
I’ve already got used to the two button press to switch it off.
I’d rather NOT, but there you go.

BTW the new MG5 I had on loan for 7 weeks remembered your preferences.
So there’s inconsistency within MG for sure.

Same here - foot on brake for READY, press the Car icon (Info screen defaults to MG Pilot), press LKA slider to turn off, press Confirm. (So actually 3 clicks for me).

I also then usually select the Drive tab and then select Adaptive regen and Custom drive mode. :)

FWIW I tweeted MG last night asking why two cars in their own range can have polar opposite functionality.
Why does the 5 remember settings, why is the 4 different.
No reply yet.

BTW I gave LA a trial last night and it’s abysmal.
Approaching a particular set of lights the wheel went mental and the accident warning assist went off too.

I’m absolutely dreading my wife taking the car now, whereas I like to encourage her using the EV instead of her Evoque.
Dreading it….

Lane Keep Assist, in my opinion, on the MG4, is dangerous and overactive. It yanks at the wheel especially going around corners heading to the right. Irritated to have to turn it off EVERY TIME I get into the car. Should be a possibility of turning it off and keeping it off - maybe with a warning about NCAP score being invalidated. OR MG could make it better behaved. It is like travelling with a naughty child, occasionally trying to wrench the wheel out of your fingers.

Lane Keep Assist, in my opinion, on the MG4, is dangerous and overactive. It yanks at the wheel especially going around corners heading to the right. Irritated to have to turn it off EVERY TIME I get into the car. Should be a possibility of turning it off and keeping it off - maybe with a warning about NCAP score being invalidated. OR MG could make it better behaved. It is like travelling with a naughty child, occasionally trying to wrench the wheel out of your fingers.
Ideally they'd fix it, short of that defaulting to LKA off always.

Ideally they'd fix it, short of that defaulting to LKA off always.
Maybe worth checking when you pick up your new MG4 White Trophy? Picked mine up at the end of Jan. Generally very pleased, best feature is the 360 deg view when parking in tight spaces. Enjoy

BTW….where did lane keep assist come from (LKA)??
If I didn’t have to go into the settings every journey it wouldn’t have struck me, but it’s just ‘lane assist’…?

Hard to believe they still haven't got this sorted to a level that isn't dangerous and more user friendly.
Nearly 6 months and still not working the same way on all cars

Hi, go to vehicle settings and turn on mg pilot. Now set the Lane change to anything but not emergency. Come out of the settings - go back to MG pilot and turn it off.
At the minute you are telling the car you don't want assistance except in an emergency - well crossing the line is classed as hazardous.
You can check if this is the issue, indicate.and change lanes will be fine but with no indicator it will try to assist.
I hope this has helped.
Tom
Great Tom, Will Def-0 try this in the morning, cheers.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back