MG4 likes and dislikes We agree

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I have some on the way from AliExpress
Were about £26
Will post when they arrive£22.68 18%OFF | For MG4 Mulan 2023 MG 4 2022 Mud Flaps Splash Guard Mudguards MudFlaps Front Rear Fender Auto Styline Car Accessories
No complaints just intrigued they proudly advertise the fact that they are not regenerated ie recycled plastic. Look forward to your review of quality and ease of fitting.

I have an MG5 EV (not LR) bought in June 2021. I don't actually need an estate but the 0% finance and MG / dealer promotional deals were too good to pass up. I've now had a test drive in an MG4 which would suit me better in some respects and at the low starting price of under £26k I was interested. The test drive was in an SE and I would certainly miss a few features with this version, such as the rear-view camera, the auto folding mirrors, and the SatNav. The car drives great, and I liked the MG Pilot driver suite. The ICE displays and responsiveness are an improvement on the MG5's too. I was a bit disappointed that the materials on the dash and dash top are not as plush as in the ES and HS, and no rear wiper could be an issue in winter with road spray. I guess it's built down to a price. To get the version with everything I want I would choose the MG4 Trophy which would push up the PCP monthly payments quite a lot, so I'm sticking with my MG5 for the moment.

I have an MG5 EV (not LR) bought in June 2021. I don't actually need an estate but the 0% finance and MG / dealer promotional deals were too good to pass up. I've now had a test drive in an MG4 which would suit me better in some respects and at the low starting price of under £26k I was interested. The test drive was in an SE and I would certainly miss a few features with this version, such as the rear-view camera, the auto folding mirrors, and the SatNav. The car drives great, and I liked the MG Pilot driver suite. The ICE displays and responsiveness are an improvement on the MG5's too. I was a bit disappointed that the materials on the dash and dash top are not as plush as in the ES and HS, and no rear wiper could be an issue in winter with road spray. I guess it's built down to a price. To get the version with everything I want I would choose the MG4 Trophy which would push up the PCP monthly payments quite a lot, so I'm sticking with my MG5 for the moment.
The spray from the road onto rear screen on a hatch like this when travelling is non existent, my Octavia and current Superb are testament to this, only when car is stationary will the rain / snow settle, however my wife's Yeti which is similar to the ZS in shape and my sons Passat ( which is what the 5 reminds me of ;) ) is when the rear wiper essential, to the point where driving during medium rain the auto rear wipe function kicks in on the Yeti. hope this helps .

Ok so my dislikes from the first day of ownership.
I would like the car to retain drive settings .At the moment it defaults to normal .
Writing is a little small on the infotainment screen.Does anyone know if you can download station logos?
Android Auto development Writing on the screen.
I cant bind the car to my phone.
I have a bulge!

Despite the above niggles It's awesome !

Se Sr Dynamic red .

Is your aircon really loud?
There are 2 FB posts with really loud sounding aircons in SE cars.
Just checking if this is usual/normal or something for the dealership to address.

Is your aircon really loud?
There are 2 FB posts with really loud sounding aircons in SE cars.
Just checking if this is usual/normal or something for the dealership to address.
Well if you hit the demise button it is a bit loud as it is running at max power to demist the car other than that not to bad really as you can turn down the fan speed to suit you in picture below I have marked the demist button with a blue arrow just in case your not sure the button to the right of it is the rear screen demister I’m sure you know all this Gem10 but others may not.
Les
27C5975E-6367-4146-880A-D060D69715DC.png

LIKES, the lights all of them on the outside anyhow, good size apart from the high level brake light which I think is on the small size but the rear brake lights are good and the headlights are awesome high and low beam best I have seen yet.
Les

There's nothing in the app for windows. What do you mean by lazy locking function? You can fast click up/down on all the windows (in the trophy at least) to open/close fully if that's what you mean?
AndyM came across this this morning on YT which demos the lazy lock function on a car #13 maybe better than my attempted written explanation #14
Les

Last edited:
AndyM came across this this morning on YT which demos the lazy lock function on a car #13 maybe better tha my attempted written explanation #14
Les

Ah yes, I had this on my last two Fords. Only time I used it was accidentally after sitting on the keys.

Just tried on my Trophy and yeah it doesn’t work and there’s nothing in app for windows at all.

DISLIKES ok so she the wife is into the 4 a bit more now after a few weeks and does like it but the sills are still an a bit of an issue for her at times plus now she has a few times moaned about the seatbelt anchors both front and rear.
In the front they are difficult to find when you get in because of the centre storage box / armrest and the seat bolster would be better if the belt anchors where a bit longer ( does anyone know of perhaps some kind of extension you may be able to get ), the rears are much the same also just a couple of inches higher would cure the issue and I do agree with her about this they are a bit awkward, she had a couple of passengers earlier this week both a little on the larger side can I say, took her 10 minutes to belt them both up so wide sills combined with narrow seats are not the best combination, ok once you in but awkward for some as they get in and try to belt up.
Les

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel