MG4 - LKA - NCAP ratings

Stoneacre Derby rang today to just make sure alls OK to collect Monday. I've let them know in very good detail what is happening and basically begged them to disable all lane assist, lane keep software. The drawing is the best explanation I can give. A is the most painful for me. My tremor pulses the pains in my triceps, and then shoulders and neck start hurting. No other car has ever done this. I've been all over in this Tiguan and it's fine. So what is mg doing wrong?

I don't understand. What are you doing to switch off LKA? Because on my car when I switch it off it does absolutely nothing.

I get it that it would be great if you didn't have to keep switching it off every time you got in the car, but given that it's giving you such pain, then I'd have thought you'd be motivated to do that. What are you doing, so that we can figure out why it isn't going off for you?

I don't get the car. I turn everything off, have any warnings low and I've driven like that. It's switched itself back on and you can feel the car hasn't totally switched it off and it wants to be autonomous. The difference is stiff spots on steering circle and no stiff spots. It's really getting to the point to turn it off fully or have the car back.
A guy on fb said his did the same. There's a group on there, but it's full of misogynistic men that mansplain everything and treat you like your simple.

Joanne, I think it's time to be blunt. You seem to be intent on avoiding confirming whether you have followed the above advice or not.

At the risk of being accused of mansplain (sic) do the following:

Make sure you press the brake pedal first to put the car into “READY” then (and only then) turn off LKA and make sure TJA is also off. The LKA symbol (top left on the screen) should then be amber. If it’s still white you have not turned it off. If it’s amber but then turns white while you are driving you didn’t put the car into READY first.

If you have done that then there may be a fault with your car. If not, be prepared to be told that it is "user error".

Of course I've done the brake pedal to wake it up and done the menu etc. Followed it to the T. Done it when it's re switched back on. Confirmed etc...

If you have followed all the advice then there is something wrong with your car that your dealer needs to fix. One last question from me: is your display set to light or dark or default auto? People have said that the display changing as a result of lights coming on causing the display to change causes LKA to activate. Lights coming on when not necessary is, again, a common feature of the un-updated MG4.

I am sure all of us are keen to solve you problem so please bear with us as you are the only and the key source of data.

If you have followed all the advice then there is something wrong with your car that your dealer needs to fix. One last question from me: is your display set to light or dark or default auto? People have said that the display changing as a result of lights coming on causing the display to change causes LKA to activate. Lights coming on when not necessary is, again, a common feature of the un-updated MG4.

I am sure all of us are keen to solve you problem so please bear with us as you are the only and the key source of data.

That reactivation is a bug in the Trophy (which may have been fixed in an update), and Joanne has an SE. I don't think the SE has ever done that.

Of course I've done the brake pedal to wake it up and done the menu etc. Followed it to the T. Done it when it's re switched back on. Confirmed etc...

To be clear, Joanne, could you tell us whether you feel the steering wheel twitch when the LKA icon is yellow? Or is the icon white or green when it happens?

Are you seeing the icon change to yellow when you deactivate the LKA? Does it turn white while you are driving? Does it stay yellow, but you feel the wheel move even though it's yellow?

We're trying to help you here, because we believe there may be a fault with your car. However we need to try to understand what it is so we can help you explain it to your dealer.

ChilledMatt makes a valid point. Do you park your car in a garage? If you turn LKA off then reverse out and get out of the car to close the garage door then LKA will reset. NCAP requires the car to default to its safest state for any driver that gets in the car so if you get out of the seat for any reason it will reset.

When I drive out of my garage I don't set anything, I don't even wait for the screen to boot up. I do the pre-flight routine including turning off LKA when I'm all set to go.

We need to know whether the icon is yellow when Joanne feels the steering wheel being pulled.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 516 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.7%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back