MG4 New fault: Horn beeping before driving

How does one do this reboot?
Disconnect the negative terminal of the 12v battery for a couple of minutes before reattaching.

You will get a load of warning signs come up on the dash. The steering wheel will need turning lock to lock a couple of times and the windows will have to be fully opened and the switch held in the open position for 10 seconds and then repeated with them fully closed. The rest of the faults will clear after the car has been driven for a bit.

Disconnect the negative terminal of the 12v battery for a couple of minutes before reattaching.

You will get a load of warning signs come up on the dash. The steering wheel will need turning lock to lock a couple of times and the windows will have to be fully opened and the switch held in the open position for 10 seconds and then repeated with them fully closed. The rest of the faults will clear after the car has been driven for a bit.
Are people really going to this extent to fix minor faults.this response is beyond reality for any car just take vehicle back under warranty if it’s not fit for purpose reject

Are people really going to this extent to fix minor faults.this response is beyond reality for any car just take vehicle back under warranty if it’s not fit for purpose reject
Quite a few people like to try as many things as they can themselves to save them the hassle of getting (potentially multiple) dealer visits organised. And why shouldn't they?

For example there are a bunch who removed the cover over the light sensor to get the auto lights working correctly.

It is easy to say: "the dealer must fix it", but what if you live over an hour's drive from your dealer? Or they are busy for the next month? Or they try and fail to fix it?

Yes they are and yes I would. As you say it's a minor fault and if it can be fixed by spending 10 minutes on your drive with a cuppa instead of having to book time off work and sitting at the dealers why wouldn't I?
Your response is beyond the reality of owning a car as all cars have minor faults which can often be fixed with a little effort.

Disconnecting battery’s etc isn’t rectifying the fault this fault I know because I had it.it went into garage and was a software update issue.disconnecting batteries is just resetting the system it won’t rectify the issue only pass it down the line.

Disconnecting battery’s etc isn’t rectifying the fault this fault I know because I had it.it went into garage and was a software update issue.disconnecting batteries is just resetting the system it won’t rectify the issue only pass it down the line.
You said the software update didn't fix the issue and then you rejected the car, so I don't think we know whether this is a single fault and whether it has a single cause.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 504 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back