MG4 Oil Leak Poll (Part 1)

I have an MG4 and…

• Total voters
Fill in the poll but if you have any comments, put them to the Oil Leak thread:

To help understand the problem, please only answer if you already have an MG4.

Edit: All comments to the oil leak thread as linked below please.
Hi tsedge, can I say thank you for doing this poll thing, I did asked for something along these lines around 5/6 days ago #54 in the other thread called MG4 reduction gearbox oil leak so entitled by our moderator #25 which I did not agree with, because at that time nobody knew what it was that was leaking, or where it was coming from and could be very misleading and that’s what I told him #38 and I asked for him or someone else to set up a poll as you have done because I didn’t know how to but you have so thank you again, the sooner we get to the bottom of this the better for all concerned including MG Motors.
Les

I checked both cars this afternoon after spotting oil on the drive, We have oil on the underneath on both our MG4s taking the trophy in tomorrow, didn’t get to check the SE until quite late as my wife was out in it but the SE actually looks worse with quite a lot of oil on the underside plastic cover.

I could only put one in the poll though. 🤔

I checked both cars this afternoon after spotting oil on the drive, We have oil on the underneath on both our MG4s taking the trophy in tomorrow, didn’t get to check the SE until quite late as my wife was out in it but the SE actually looks worse with quite a lot of oil on the underside plastic cover.

I could only put one in the pole though. 🤔
Oh my goodness, not good, SE goes in tomorrow morning, fingers crossed 🤞
Just bothered my backside to check.

Confirmed I do have an oil leak. ☹️

will be on the phone to dealer later today.
not good, here’s hoping it’s the over filling I’ve heard about, fingers crossed.

I could only put one in the poll though. 🤔
Thanks Taq, yes it will only let you vote once, not sure I can change that but noted that you are two votes.

Hi tsedge, can I say thank you for doing this poll thing, I did asked for something along these lines around 5/6 days ago #54 in the other thread called MG4 reduction gearbox oil leak so entitled by our moderator #25 which I did not agree with, because at that time nobody knew what it was that was leaking, or where it was coming from and could be very misleading and that’s what I told him #38 and I asked for him or someone else to set up a poll as you have done because I didn’t know how to but you have so thank you again, the sooner we get to the bottom of this the better for all concerned including MG Motors.
Les
Thanks Les. You can create a poll by selecting the Poll tab when creating a new topic. Pop in the first message and then it prompts below that for the question and as many answers as you want to enter. Then you can set some options on the poll.

Excellent idea, I will give the current pole results to the dealer when it goes in for inspection tomorrow 👍
Armed with a whole bunch of screenshots from relating posts, I have taken it back to the dealer this morning,
The car is in the workshop and being investigated, waiting…..

It just occurred to me that the first question is in fact two questions. It would be better to separate these as they cover separate scenarios i.e. "I haven't looked" and "I have looked but there is no evidence of a leak"

It just occurred to me that the first question is in fact two questions. It would be better to separate these as they cover separate scenarios i.e. "I haven't looked" and "I have looked but there is no evidence of a leak"
True, that would be better, but having set it up that way I don’t want to change it part way through as we don’t know how those that have already answered would split. I think it still gives a useful picture and people can change their vote if they find the leak later.

True, that would be better, but having set it up that way I don’t want to change it part way through as we don’t know how those that have already answered would split. I think it still gives a useful picture and people can change their vote if they find the leak later.
Agreed 👍

Trouble is it substantially skews the poll.
Using the current stats (17 votes), the ambiguity of Question 1 could mean 100% have a leak which they may or may not have yet actually witnessed, or could alternatively mean 10 out of 17 (59%) do not have a leak meaning the majority of cars are currently OK. Any position between these two extremes is of course equally possible.

Trouble is it substantially skews the poll.
Using the current stats (17 votes), the ambiguity of Question 1 could mean 100% have a leak which they may or may not have yet actually witnessed, or could alternatively mean 10 out of 17 (59%) do not have a leak meaning the majority of cars are currently OK. Any position between these two extremes is of course equally possible.
exactly 👍🏻
I voted no leak only to find this morning I have oil spots on the drive.
So have changed my cast vote accordingly.

20221012_142809.jpg

20221012_142818.jpg

20221012_142824.jpg

So have changed my cast vote accordingly.

Sorry to see that you have a leak.

Slightly off topic, but can you actually change your vote or have you just added a second vote? The only reason I ask is that if more of who currently have no leak subsequently get one it'll only ever appear that half of us have the problem as we'll have voted both No and Yes.

This combines with @Alb 's point about the ambiguity of the first question.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back