MG4 Oil Leak Poll (Part 1)

I have an MG4 and…

• Total voters
Slightly off topic, but can you actually change your vote or have you just added a second vote? The only reason I ask is that if more of who currently have no leak subsequently get one it'll only ever appear that half of us have the problem as we'll have voted both No and Yes.

This combines with @Alb 's point about the ambiguity of the first question.
You can change, won't let you vote twice
Screenshot_20221012-150417_Chrome.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Trouble is it substantially skews the poll.
Using the current stats (17 votes), the ambiguity of Question 1 could mean 100% have a leak which they may or may not have yet actually witnessed, or could alternatively mean 10 out of 17 (59%) do not have a leak meaning the majority of cars are currently OK. Any position between these two extremes is of course equally possible.
Until someone finds a leak we can’t say they have it, whether they have looked or not. The poll shows a substantial common problem and clearly MG need to address it.

As a counter-point ... I'd argue that nobody would (should) answer the poll unless they a) have an MG4 and b) have actually looked. :)

Edit: I'm showing an MG4 in my profile but don't actually have it yet. ;)
This is a very good point. I met a fellow mg 4 owner at a local free charging point. Asked him how it was going. He said great.

I said wow. Lucky chap, you avoided the oil leak issue. He said he hadn’t actually checked.

We both looked under the rear of the car and there it was. Oil soaked undertray. Even dropped onto tarmac.

Don’t assume you are leak free. Check.

This is a very good point. I met a fellow mg 4 owner at a local free charging point. Asked him how it was going. He said great.

I said wow. Lucky chap, you avoided the oil leak issue. He said he hadn’t actually checked.

We both looked under the rear of the car and there it was. Oil soaked undertray. Even dropped onto tarmac.

Don’t assume you are leak free. Check.
Ignorance is bliss. ;)

Just got mine back from the dealers. Confirmed there is a leak and that there is a bulletin regarding it. A "new piece" has been ordered and should be here in a few weeks.
MG are not the quickest so will not hold my breath

The "piece" is a modified breather. See the general Oil Leak thread. (This is the Oil Leak Poll thread)

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 508 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back