MG4 power %?

Maximum torque is 250 Nm for the 51 & 64 kWh battery versions and 350Nm for the 77kWh version but as with all EVs this is delivered from 0 rpm & how it is put on to the ground depends upon the drive mode selected.
The question is if the % is the torque or the amount of KW/hp. Its should be 170/204/245

When the value is negative (=energy going into the battery), what is it based on? Is it a theoretical value based on deceleration, or is it calculated using some feedback value from BMS?

The assumption is that it is %age of rated motor (generator) power. So 25% (which is the maximum regen figure I've seen) of 125kW (for the SE SR) would be 31.25kW. But given that regen is only in effect for short periods then the amount of energy actually returned to the battery is relatively small.

I have come to the conclusion the the number displayed on the display above the steering wheel should be interpreted as % available power (directly related to available torque) at whatever speed the car is currently moving at.

The assumption is that it is %age of rated motor (generator) power. So 25% (which is the maximum regen figure I've seen) of 125kW (for the SE SR) would be 31.25kW. But given that regen is only in effect for short periods then the amount of energy actually returned to the battery is relatively small.
I don't think the number is at all accurate for power since in my car, accelerating is very slow at low %age levels but it dramatically increases at higher numbers. So my guess is whatever this actually measures it is just shown as a non-linear 0-100% scale.

Low %age level = low power, so of course acceleration will be slower. ;)

But yeah ... I was only guessing; and also responding to the question about regen (not forward motion power). :)

Low %age level = low power, so of course acceleration will be slower. ;)
Yes, I am taking that into account. 😄
But yeah ... I was only guessing; and also responding to the question about regen (not forward motion power). :)
I expect it is the same scale both ways, but that's just a guess too.

Can’t be % as my old 30kwh leaf had a max regen of 30Kw on the throttle and 40 if you touch the brake as shown in the ene info screen

my mg4 trophy has way more regen than the leafs as can be felt by the big hills near where I live and not having to use the brakes at all where as the leaf would runaway at full regen

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 536 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back