MG4 Restricted speed - weird

You have more issues than I'd put up with, I'd be interested to hear what the dealer says on the 5th, I'd let him talk then spring all your videos on him.
If it was me and I can't speak for your circumstances, it would be gone, your car is a shambles and it has nothing to do with how your driving it! Ridiculous that was even suggested.

I sent their service manager an I cloud link to one of the videos, don’t actually know if he managed to open it.

My dealer has refused my rejection on all the issues I have had oil leak locked in loss power handbreak fault all have been software updates is this there get out.finance company are helping but awaiting there response back for rejection

I don’t see how the manner of repair is relevant and gives them an ‘out’.
The oil leak clearly isn’t a software issue for one.
And the fact the others are repaired by updates doesn’t excuse the faults or change the fact you’ve been hugely inconvenienced.
Their argument seems to be faults have to be ‘big manual repairs that need mechanics and spanners’, which is nonsense.

I’m in turmoil as to what to do next TBH.
I’ve had a plethora of problems and really don’t know if this issue should be the one that rejects the car or not.
I can’t help fearing that if I give them a chance to fix it, and the issue comes back in a month/2 months/3 months, then any rejection is going to exponentially harder.
Should I just reject now…??

BTW have another video of the problem from last night.
Max 63mph, max 37% power, 33% battery.
Don’t forget on top of the speed restriction I’m getting abysmal range (more or less 1 mile per KW).
It’s of course your decision.
To be frank, I would bin the car and get my money back. Too many issues and concerns going forward. Such a shame as they are undoubtedly a really nice car to drive, well specified and nice design but.. you ain’t gonna be happy now going forward - your confidence in the car has gone - is my view. Plus I’m afraid it’s not like MG are really customer focused or demonstrating that they care for their customers at the moment

I sent their service manager an I cloud link to one of the videos, don’t actually know if he managed to open
It’s of course your decision.
To be frank, I would bin the car and get my money back. Too many issues and concerns going forward. Such a shame as they are undoubtedly a really nice car to drive, well specified and nice design but.. you ain’t gonna be happy now going forward - your confidence in the car has gone - is my view. Plus I’m afraid it’s not like MG are really customer focused or demonstrating that they care for their customers at the moment
I agree which I am trying to get this vehicle rejected.dealer is refusing so it’s in finance companies hands which I’m awaiting a response back from just received a form to fill in.confidence in the vehicle is gone although the car is good there is just too many issues which are serious.I will have to see the outcome of rejection from finance company

I agree which I am trying to get this vehicle rejected.dealer is refusing so it’s in finance companies hands which I’m awaiting a response back from just received a form to fill in.confidence in the vehicle is gone although the car is good there is just too many issues which are serious.I will have to see the outcome of rejection from finance company
On what grounds are they pushing back on the rejected car?

Opportunity to fix it went in for oil leak 13-11-22 still not fixed went in. Got locked in issue they did software update had 1 week been day later wouldn’t start then loss power been left at garage for 3 weeks said it requires update again

He stated a few posts above that they are saying software updates are fixing all his problems and they are deeming that acceptable.
Like a car requiring a laptop to repair it is different from a car that needs spanners.

Out of interest what does the form ask?

Reg vehicle type etc date purchase and the issues I have had or still have with vehicle just sent it off today back to finance company.
When did you get the car?
When did you first report a fault and how long has it been in the garage, all in, and not on your drive?

Without seeing a detailed breakdown (sorry) of the events and timeline it’s difficult to pass a more qualified opinion - however it looks on the face of it like a no-brainier to me that you should get your money back.

It's that heavy right foot 😉 seriously though your car definitely has an issue. Over two thirds battery and it's struggling to get to 70mph.
Look forward to hearing what your dealer says when you present them with the video!

if it does it again, use your phone and video whats happening because it unlikely that you'll ever be able to recreate the fault for the dealer and the will play ignorance on this because how can they find a fault that isn't happening for them,
Plus if you ever need to fight for you money back in court, all the evidence of a car that's not fit for purpose will be useful
If it happens again, get someone else to video what's happening. You'll get in bother of you do it yourself...

Well that’s my car into the dealer, maybe the last time I’ll see it - who knows! 😂
Tried to spy the job sheet, couldn’t read the typed bit but did notice red pen at the bottom saying “no recall”
Wonder what that was all about…
No point asking the woman who collected my car and dropped off the courtesy 5.

update

The dealer advised MG are working on a software update, but it may not be available until middle of next week.
We’ve both agreed there’s zero point me taking the car back in the meantime.

I’m properly on the fence about sending a rejection email right now….
Driving around in a flipping 5 for a week isn’t what I’m paying for.

update

The dealer advised MG are working on a software update, but it may not be available until middle of next week.
We’ve both agreed there’s zero point me taking the car back in the meantime.

I’m properly on the fence about sending a rejection email right now….
Driving around in a flipping 5 for a week isn’t what I’m paying for.
my car been in dealer for 3 weeks I have sent rejection letter which they refused as there is a fix for all items of issues I have had lock in oil heating not warm enough loss speed.I have had a new update installed today for the loss of speed I have been told all issues should now be resolved.for rejection if any of the same issues fail again then rejection will be accepted as the original fox didn’t resolve the issues.I’m hoping that all issues are now resolved and I can get the car back working and get on with my life lol but only time will tell I would make sure you document any issues you have and ask for a fix/resolution so if anything does happen you are covered unless you are in the first 30 days u can reject after 30 days it’s a fix and then if don’t work then rejection

Fingers crossed that you get them all sorted.

Fingers crossed that you get them all sorted.
I hope so I like the car just the amount of issues and time without has been frustrating to say the least.also having a petrol courtesy car for 3 weeks has also cost £160 in fuel costs as I get free charging at work so I’m outta pocket £160 fuel and car costs.I’m just hoping everything is resolved and to be able to use its as I intended when purchased

I hope so I like the car just the amount of issues and time without has been frustrating to say the least.also having a petrol courtesy car for 3 weeks has also cost £160 in fuel costs as I get free charging at work so I’m outta pocket £160 fuel and car costs.I’m just hoping everything is resolved and to be able to use its as I intended when purchased
Please tell me your dealer isn't chaplehouse Bolton.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 501 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back