MG4 Restricted speed - weird

Mine did that, check back the posts and you’ll see I commented it went like stink after I got it back.
Didn’t last long, a day or two and I was videoing the fault again.
That was the point I went for rejection, they’d had one attempt to fix and failed.

Mine did that, check back the posts and you’ll see I commented it went like stink after I got it back.
Didn’t last long, a day or two and I was videoing the fault again.
That was the point I went for rejection, they’d had one attempt to fix and failed.
It was in the garage on the 28th July and has been driven every day since, so maybe… 🤞

It was in the garage on the 28th July and has been driven every day since, so maybe… 🤞

If you want it to be fixed, result.
I was relieved mine did it again quite quickly as it gave me the opportunity to reject.
I was not at all convinced it wouldn’t have done it again after X weeks/months, and rejection after that time would have been a pain.

I can understand your wariness after all you went through, but if this really is a fix it's great news, because there are other cars out there showing the issue, and rejection is also a pain.

Ok, so I rang the garage, and the person on the service desk was not particularly helpful, but after a bit of discussion in the background came back with "the battery management module was updated"
To me that doesn't sound like anything that hasn't been done before, but they weren't particularly forthcoming 😞

We've got another annoying fault now, where the main display is blank when the car is started, and doesn't respond to anything, and locking/unlocking the car doesn't sort it. It does come back to life of its own accord, and I've not seen this happen so haven't had chance to look at it. I'm not sure if it's a known issue, or something just affecting this car.

Hmm. We've all been getting a Battery Management System software update recently. My car had it on 31st July. Nothing wrong with it, but the dealer said since I was bringing it in for the undertray issue, that should be done at the same time.

Some speculation about whether it was to address a problem with CCS charging some people had reported. My car was fine about CCS charging both before and after the update. I wonder, though, if it's maybe a fix for the speed restriction that they're sneaking out?

Are you still OK ten days on?

🤞 🤞 🤞 🤞

It would be a turnup for the books if this "recall" update (that nobody is being told about unless they take the car to the dealer for something else) turns out to be a fix for this!

Ok, so I rang the garage, and the person on the service desk was not particularly helpful, but after a bit of discussion in the background came back with "the battery management module was updated"
To me that doesn't sound like anything that hasn't been done before, but they weren't particularly forthcoming 😞

We've got another annoying fault now, where the main display is blank when the car is started, and doesn't respond to anything, and locking/unlocking the car doesn't sort it. It does come back to life of its own accord, and I've not seen this happen so haven't had chance to look at it. I'm not sure if it's a known issue, or something just affecting this car.

When does it come back to life?
After you’ve set off driving for a bit, with no Speedo to refer to?
That would be bad…

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 504 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel