MG4 Reviews from various online publications

Is it just me, or does the SE actually gain a funky spoiler (lip between the taillights that doesn't seem to be on the trophy)
I think it perhaps has a slight upwards kick from the rear lights to the middle, whereas the Trophy appears to be flatter (but illuminated).
IMG_20220725_172655.jpg

IMG_20220725_172805.jpg

1661347643659.png

Probably the worst angle (imo).

Also really highlights the need for bigger wheels/close the arch gap. Would be one of the first things I'd do but I wonder how much that would impact range?

I've cooled on the hype which is good as now it will be a measured decision on whether I even need a new car! Although entry level spec is very hard to argue against when comparing used ICE car prices.

Has anyone seen the review from WhatCar, they mention how it feels slower to drive (in comparison) than even the MG5 EV as well as it’s competitors

I wonder if that is because of the extra weight the 4 has?

Attachments

• E1E79F3D-FCD3-45C0-9ECB-7EE3BA94B828.jpeg
    E1E79F3D-FCD3-45C0-9ECB-7EE3BA94B828.jpeg
    535.7 KB · Views: 247
Has anyone seen the review from WhatCar, they mention how it feels slower to drive (in comparison) than even the MG5 EV as well as it’s competitors

Lack of Torque IMHO.
250 Nm vs 280 Nm in the MG5, 310 Nm in the ID3 / Cupra Born even my Ioniq Classic has 295Nm.

In combustion engines, I always loved Turbo-Diesels for their instant torque.

Thanks for sharing the What Car review.
It looks like a rushed article and a tad biased towards the Cupra.
In the review at one point they call the MG4 the MG5 and they have got the boot capacity incorrect. Not impressed by the quality of the article.

Good review from Top Gear

USEFUL: "As for the rest, there’s adjustable brake regeneration which is good, though no switch or paddles to operate it. TG just programmed the spare steering-wheel button to cycle through the brake re-gen modes (which you can do from the central touchscreen), so that really wasn’t a problem."

The car seems like a 'home run' for MG, I think the dealers are going to be busy!

Just a bit worried about the seats, post TG article, will have to sit in them and see - I've had no issues with the ZS or 5 front seats?

USEFUL: "As for the rest, there’s adjustable brake regeneration which is good, though no switch or paddles to operate it. TG just programmed the spare steering-wheel button to cycle through the brake re-gen modes (which you can do from the central touchscreen), so that really wasn’t a problem."
I would program the spare button on the steering wheel to cycle through the driving modes rather than regeneration.

Looks like SE seats don't have phone or map pockets in the back like the Trophy?
Yeah I noticed that, another plus point for the SE from my point of view. Children wouldn't be able to store stuff you find months later. The only way they could make it better would be for them to be plastic backed like Hyundai and Kia.

Electrifying published their video review!

Video review
I don't know how tall the host is (Nikki) but the window line seems really high. I watched back her in the cupra born and seems like it's more shoulder height. I do wonder how that will feel for short people?

In any case there is a lot of hype on this car now. I've noticed the whole "you better get in nowwww!" chat on the FB groups.

Eager to just get in one and decide for myself now.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 470 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 79 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 45 7.6%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back