MG4 Reviews from various online publications

be it SR or LR it’s the same car except for the batteries
and the motor and gearing which is related to the battery size. There's been some comments that the 150 BHP version is underpowered, but despite the weight of an EV I find that hard to believe unless it's just relative to the 204 BHP of the bigger battery (and the VAG cars).

Screenshot taken from this video at about 09:58.

View attachment 10475

If you zoom in - the average power consumption is 3 kWh per 100 miles!

That is astounding efficiency!

Not astounding efficiency, a nonsense number! Just extrapolate that out based on the size of the battery. That would mean the car is capable of doing over 2000 miles on a full charge which is obviously absurd. The only explanation I can think of other than broken software is that maybe the car was recording mileage whilst on but being towed.

Not astounding efficiency, a nonsense number! Just extrapolate that out based on the size of the battery. That would mean the car is capable of doing over 2000 miles on a full charge which is obviously absurd. The only explanation I can think of other than broken software is that maybe the car was recording mileage whilst on but being towed.
First bug in the software found by the MGEV community even before the first car is delivered!
Is there a bounty for reporting bugs to MG?
They should sponsor this forum.

Not astounding efficiency, a nonsense number!
Maybe not in the way that you are thinking. Some cars show similar figures for auxiliary use and their effect on range. Frankly it was of marginal usage even in small battery cars such as a LEAF24 and, if that's what it is, even less relevant to an MG4.

Not astounding efficiency, a nonsense number!

It's neither astounding efficiency, nor (complete) nonsense. My bet is that the value it displays is Miles/kWh and that screen just got lost in translation (we use kWh/100km in Germany / continental europe).

Mark Smyth's MG showed 3.0miles/kWh in the driver display.

and the motor and gearing which is related to the battery size. There's been some comments that the 150 BHP version is underpowered, but despite the weight of an EV I find that hard to believe unless it's just relative to the 204 BHP of the bigger battery (and the VAG cars).
Well at £2500 cheaper and 0.2 seconds faster 0-62 51kw LFP battery and a range of 218 miles she will be happy enough if she likes it in the metal that is.
Hope to god we get to see it soon and hopefully in the red colour as she has now spotted a 208 Also same kind of red colour I think she said her friend has just got one 9 months old ex demo I think paid £25.350 with less than 5000 miles on it MG get your finger out please.
Les

Last edited:
Noticed during the WhichEV review that there is a 'Power Off' button:

Screenshot 2022-08-26 13.55.48.png

Looks like you can stay in the car and power it down!

It sounds like another Chinese car maker (BYD) has seen the light, and will be chasing the MG4 into the UK with their own Atto 3 by Xmas.

Looks like BYD maybe recouping money by extortionate service costs lol. I'd stick with MG for this reason alone 🤣 The screenshot below is for the Atto 3 sourced by The Electric Viking.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-08-26-19-46-12-729_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-08-26-19-46-12-729_com.google.android.youtube.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 160
Also I wonder what's behind the plastic wheel covers.....steel rims or alloy wheels?

Also I wonder what's behind the plastic wheel covers.....steel rims or alloy wheels?
If you look at the images of them at the docks in China, most have got alloy wheels, although one appears to have black steel wheels. I assumed they were for a different market, but maybe the wheels on all the UK images are a trim then

Any idea what the Infra Red sensor is for just behind the steering wheel, on top of the column ?
It's for face/eye detection!

The next phase of Euro NCAP will require this as part of the 'Safety System' section, it will also allow hands off MG Pilot once the car receives the necessary updates (and the Government make it legal!).

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 504 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back