MG4 Reviews from various online publications

Any idea what the Infra Red sensor is for just behind the steering wheel, on top of the column ?
I personally think the infra red sensor is to detect body heat to ensure a driver really sit on the driver seat rather than a heavy object on the driver’s seat to fool the car?

Which EV review.
Loads of photos of the red Trophy.
Yeh watched it yesterday that’s the colour the wife’s after so have an SE SR on order from Chorley MG she won’t pay anymore and doesn’t like the spoiler on the trophy but she has been know to change her mind in the past I’m working on her.
Me I like the white in the colour range but she thinks it will always look dirty my answer to that was,who the hell cleans the cars anyway around here,and her reply was I thinking about you love you not as young as you was couldn’t argue with that.
Les

I personally think the infra red sensor is to detect body heat to ensure a driver really sit on the driver seat rather than a heavy object on the driver’s seat to fool the car?
Not quite....

It's to comply with Euro NCAP TB036 which applies from January 2023.

Yeh watched it yesterday that’s the colour the wife’s after so have an SE SR on order from Chorley MG she won’t pay anymore and doesn’t like the spoiler on the trophy but she has been know to change her mind in the past I’m working on her.
Me I like the white in the colour range but she thinks it will always look dirty my answer to that was,who the hell cleans the cars anyway around here,and her reply was I thinking about you love you not as young as you was couldn’t argue with that.
Les
Les, in my opinion the SE looks unfinished where the Trophy spoiler is. The roof line in that area just does not look smooth…but just my opinion.

Les, in my opinion the SE looks unfinished where the Trophy spoiler is. The roof line in that area just does not look smooth…but just my opinion.
Aye I’m not a fan of the split spoiler and not sure if I fancy the idea of going “back” to a rear wheel drive car on slippery roads. Otherwise the 4 looks terrific in the orange for souped up geriatrics.
I might wait and see the four wheel drive model 🤞🤞🤣

Aye I’m not a fan of the split spoiler and not sure if I fancy the idea of going “back” to a rear wheel drive car on slippery roads. Otherwise the 4 looks terrific in the orange for souped up geriatrics.
I had an ID3 in the winter with slippery roads and yes, it was a bit hair raising, but it never switched the traction control…whereas in the MG4 you have a specific “snow” setting, and assuming that it will take care of slippery roads..

Yeah, I'm sort of like that.
However, I think it should be pointed out that a FWD ICE is better in the ICE because its engine sits over its front wheels.

In a EV the motor is significantly lighter - so the benefit won't be the same - although at the end of the day, with RWD, the rear wheels are always going to want to overtake the front...

Yeah, I'm sort of like that.
However, I think it should be pointed out that a FWD ICE is better in the ICE because its engine sits over its front wheels.

In a EV the motor is significantly lighter - so the benefit won't be the same - although at the end of the day, with RWD, the rear wheels are always going to want to overtake the front...
I have driven both types (front and rear wheel drive), and I find that I am much more in control of the steering in the rear wheel drive, than in the front wheel drive.

I do agree with what’s been shown on the videos it look a bit unfinished, but I wonder how long.it will be before Ali express or some one else comes up with some after market product to cover that,by it may not look that strange when we get to look at it in the metal but once she is sat in it she won’t be able to see it and that’s what I will tell her.
Les.

I do agree with what’s been shown on the videos it look a bit unfinished, but I wonder how long.it will be before Ali express or some one else comes up with some after market product to cover that,by it may not look that strange when we get to look at it in the metal but once she is sat in it she won’t be able to see it and that’s what I will tell her.
Les.
Even though it will cost her/you £5K extra :)

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 512 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 87 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back