MG4 Reviews from various online publications

This "stupid" guy did not complaint about the plastic cover alloy wheels, but simply wanted to ask a question.
He would not expect that a "well-know-menber" to give an irrelevant, rude,,inappropriate, answer.
Nice sir

This "stupid" guy did not complaint about the plastic cover alloy wheels, but simply wanted to ask a question.
He would not expect that a "well-know-menber" to give an irrelevant, rude,,inappropriate, answer.
Nice sir
Not stupid asking reasonable questions, however jumping to conclusions is a tad...

I believe @AdamMGEV was referring to the reviewer that was being discussed in this thread and not about the question you asked in a separate thread..

Sorry yes it was totally about the reviewer not you. I don't think I'd call anyone stupid on this forum. And the reviewer isn't stupid as such, it was just a bit silly to comment about the plastic covers when if it had none atall he would have said nice alloys.

Dare I say that the humble MG4 does not look too dissimilar to the Lotus Eletre.
8AE1F651-5812-4276-9981-F830598702D4.png

I'm wondering if the funky cut out of the Trophy spoiler is mg cost cutting whilst spinning with some edgy design. I'm curious if the spoiler was solid like the Cupra if the mileage would stay like the SE LR or closer (270 Trophy Vs 281). Maybe someone who knows how to mod stuff would check it one day.

Attachments

• IMG_20220830_190158.jpg
    IMG_20220830_190158.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 120
I'm wondering if the funky cut out of the Trophy spoiler is mg cost cutting whilst spinning with some edgy design. I'm curious if the spoiler was solid like the Cupra if the mileage would stay like the SE LR or closer (270 Trophy Vs 281). Maybe someone who knows how to mod stuff would check it one day.
Not sure about that, but Garfield comes to my mind when I see that photo 🙈

Attachments

• IMG_20220830_190158~2.jpg
    IMG_20220830_190158~2.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 113

Saw this yesterday. Turned off halfway through once some details were wrong and it was taking too long to be what I'd consider a comparison.

That said the Atto3 is actually closer to what I was looking for as a hatch/SUV crossover. But much talk of their poor warranty and service charging (plus waiting even longer) doesn't provide confidence. However I understand MGs 7 year warranty isn't all that as it's very specific things for specific durations rather than a blanket 7 year. Anyone got any detail/experience of this?

Mg4 interior looks much nicer imo. But externally I could live with either. Pricing and actually drive away inventory are essential to sway me now.

Fully Charged Show's review will appear at around 5pm today
Here's hoping they do their usual high-quality review.
I expect a lot of us are waiting for reviews from certain key players like Fully Charged and Late Brake Show, whilst we wait to see the cars in the metal for ourselves.

I expect a lot of us are waiting for reviews from certain key players like Fully Charged and Late Brake Show, whilst we wait to see the cars in the metal for ourselves.
Indeed. But Bobby looks a little... damp in that thumbnail.
Let's throw Cleevely EV's James & Kate into that category too.

Agreed. I alluded to this earlier, but I am really looking forward to Planet Auto’s Road Trip review :)

I wonder how long / short the reviewers had the car. They all seem fairly superficial and "pre-viewy" if that's a thing, basically mentioning all the things we can read off spec sheets, mixed with only a couple of driving and seating impressions.

While those vary, as Tom WIltshire of Car Magazine finds the MG4

but Whatcar finds

Nobody commented on real life charging performance for example - they mention the claimed 135kW peak, and 10%-80% in 35 Minutes, but fail to spot point out that the peak may be really brief as the car mathematically averages 77kW between 10% and 80% which would be.. not that great.

I'm hoping it does a lot better in the real world and takes less than 35 Minutes on a HYC.

Overall I guess I'm spoiled by those common 30-60 Minute in-depth Youtube reviews these days. Can't wait for Youtubers to get their hands on them.
You have to realise that charging is never at a constant level.

I wonder how long / short the reviewers had the car. They all seem fairly superficial and "pre-viewy" if that's a thing, basically mentioning all the things we can read off spec sheets, mixed with only a couple of driving and seating impressions.

While those vary, as Tom WIltshire of Car Magazine finds the MG4

but Whatcar finds

Nobody commented on real life charging performance for example - they mention the claimed 135kW peak, and 10%-80% in 35 Minutes, but fail to spot point out that the peak may be really brief as the car mathematically averages 77kW between 10% and 80% which would be.. not that great.

I'm hoping it does a lot better in the real world and takes less than 35 Minutes on a HYC.

Overall I guess I'm spoiled by those common 30-60 Minute in-depth Youtube reviews these days. Can't wait for Youtubers to get their hands on them.
In a couple of the videos, the reviewers say they had 2 hours total with the cars on a set route. Not enough time to run the figure out real world range or even find & use a rapid charger

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back