MG4 Reviews from various online publications

Electrifying published their video review!

Video review
Considering the reviewer, the MG4 received high praise here! No rear camera on the SE is not a big deal for me as this size car is easy to park, but I the lack of rear wiper is annoying. I would've also liked a rear cabin light...I'd love to know why MG continue to omit this feature.

Considering the reviewer, the MG4 received high praise here! No rear camera on the SE is not a big deal for me as this size car is easy to park, but I the lack of rear wiper is annoying. I would've also liked a rear cabin light...I'd love to know why MG continue to omit this feature.
To remind you they are autocratic and deal with it maybe ?? :)

I don't know how tall the host is (Nikki) but the window line seems really high. I watched back her in the cupra born and seems like it's more shoulder height. I do wonder how that will feel for short people?

In any case there is a lot of hype on this car now. I've noticed the whole "you better get in nowwww!" chat on the FB groups.

Eager to just get in one and decide for myself now.
Nikki is 5ft 8in so yes it seems like little windows and big door panels...

Its also the Long Range model tested, not the Standard Range!
Yeh you correct edited the title, the one driven is the LR but she does talk about all models the important part for me this is really the first SE we have seen up to now be it SR or LR it’s the same car except for the batteries so I’m really please this SE is what they have shown us.
Les

You can see some slightly sketchy finishing on the interior trim (stitching).

The gear selector is just a cost saving as clearly it works nicer for left hand drive. And rather then re-model the plinth they just kept it the same. Won't bother me I think.

I do like that she did caveat that she only had two hours. It's unfair to expect a full OSV level breakdown and equally good that they don't claim (as some YouTube reviews do) to know the idiosyncrasies of the car in their review.

@Atsham out of curiousity was that on a PCP or fully owned? I'm thinking about the AWD MG4 but don't want to be another (minimum) 6monthd without a car. But I worry about if it's even something that is possible to do (switch out on a PCP so early in).

It was on PCP (8 months in) and by selling it, that cleared the balance remaining. Which is essence means I just start again with a new PCP purchase for the MG4 (subject to knowing if MG will do 48 months terms again)

@Atsham out of curiousity was that on a PCP or fully owned? I'm thinking about the AWD MG4 but don't want to be another (minimum) 6monthd without a car. But I worry about if it's even something that is possible to do (switch out on a PCP so early in).
Sorry to interrupt, but I was informed that there was no penalty in paying off the PCP early…..I would assume this is also the case when hoying a vehicle in and settling up. This may not help, but it may :)

just trying to impart the same info as I was given, as it is unlikely I will see the PCP deal out. I will either pay it off early, or part chop it early should the Cyberster float my boat enough.

Without wishing to go off topic. I guess the only problem is you effectively pay the interest for something you never used. So selling needs.to calculate car cos plus PCP cost. That's what I imagine. Hopefully my dealer will be good enough to explain once the cars come in.

Without wishing to go off topic. I guess the only problem is you effectively pay the interest for something you never used. So selling needs.to calculate car cos plus PCP cost. That's what I imagine. Hopefully my dealer will be good enough to explain once the cars come in.
Now massively off topic! They can only charge you the interest for the time you own the vehicle.

That's why your settlement figure will be lower than the remaining balance on your car.

Back on topic - it's good to see so many positive reviews for the car!

Now massively off topic! They can only charge you the interest for the time you own the vehicle.

That's why your settlement figure will be lower than the remaining balance on your car.

Back on topic - it's good to see so many positive reviews for the car!
Understood!

Would love to see a direct car comparison review. I guess there isn't much at this price point but class wise it would be good to see the Cupra Born and perhaps the e2008 and maybe Mégane e-tech.

Screenshot taken from this video at about 09:58.

Screenshot_20220826-011506_YouTube.jpg

If you zoom in - the average power consumption is 3 kWh per 100 miles!

That is astounding efficiency!

If you zoom in - the average power consumption is 3 kWh per 100 miles!

That is astounding efficiency!
That is nonsense. Either a software bug or we are mis-reading the figures. Above the 3kWh per 100 miles figure is says 27 kWh per 100 miles, which would give a range of 237 miles for the LR model which is more like I'd expect for testing in warm conditions. (Most of us would get significantly more range driving 'normally' than is obtained by someone 'exploring what it can do')

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 493 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back