MG4 Reviews from various online publications

The rust spots are a worry but that has been mentioned previously, I'm sure it was @Macadoodle who mentioned it. It's also very interesting to see how stuff has been sealed, or not as the case be

Last edited:
Yes, the edges have not been protected/sealed at all.
The inner sills on mine have a factory bitumen type coating but the outer surface is just primer, rust had started.
The interior cavity of the sill had been factory sprayed with oil or light wax though, which was pleasing to see.
I've coated the outer sills and areas on the subframes with a thin coat of waxoyl where I spotted surface rust forming from the road salt over winter, seemed to work quite well.
Still not sure if any galvanised steel has been used in the cars construction, it does seem to form rust pretty quickly when the paint layer is damaged, which doesn't take much.

:LOL: I'm getting better consumption figures now. I think the car needed to think things over at first.

However, what is that view on the left of the dashboard screen which just shows the car as if it's about to go down a ski slope? I've never seen it do anything.

That's the bit that detects other vehicles/people around you (in front or either side - you'd see images popping up and moving depending on distance), plus the lane lines change to detect the lanes (if LKA or TJA is turned on).

Ah, it's that last bit. LKA is the first thing I zap when I get into the car, it scares the willies out of me. I might use it on the motorway though, so if I do I should see something. I've never looked at TJA at all.

(I think I'm turning into something of a curmudgeon here. I passed my driving test 51 years ago. Just leave me alone and let me drive the damn car!)

The vehicle detection should be working regardless of LKA being off - it does for me. As I'm driving around the left side of the driver display is detecting vehicles, and if the one in front is too close then the colour of it changes (white= OK, yellow = a bit close bro, red = are you stooopid bro?) :)

I've never seen that at all. I did get the front collision warning once when the car thought I should have slowed down more quickly behind a car that was waiting to turn right, but I don't remember anything on that display. If it works for you it should work for me, I also have an SE SR and I'm loving it.

I don't really like the changes. I've not missed the rear wiper and think it spoils the look, it's also one more thing to check come mot time.

The rear headrest is probably a good thing overall due to safety but would ruin the view out of the rear when I personally never have somebody in the middle seat.

I'm also not keen on the silver inserts in the black plastic.

The alloys and calipers do look good on the first car though.

I like the glass roof and alloys. But the comical small rear wiper :ROFLMAO: and silver insert on diffuser I'm not really a fan of.

Updated seat/interior as well which I like.

Australian pricing and specs announced.

Interestingly, instead of the 51kWh SE SR equivalent, they're getting a 77kWh battery / 180kW motor (240bhp) Trophy equivalent!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 538 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back