• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG4 Reviews from various online publications

Nutnut

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
For any MG4 write-ups & video reviews. I'll kick it off with this one:

I've got chills, they're multiplying.....

It's funny how these publishers manage to spin so many titles....

Auto Express > Car Buyer > Driving Electric = autovia

Autocar > Move Electric > What Car = Haymarket

I'm guessing online advertising is how they keep the titles going?

The Editor of Auto Express has tweeted pics of the Holden Blue SE that he's been playing with

The orange is a too leery for me, but this I could live with. Like the facelift ZS, I imagine this blue is quite eye-catching in the sun.

I wonder how long / short the reviewers had the car. They all seem fairly superficial and "pre-viewy" if that's a thing, basically mentioning all the things we can read off spec sheets, mixed with only a couple of driving and seating impressions.

While those vary, as Tom WIltshire of Car Magazine finds the MG4

More comfortable than an ID.3 or a Cupra Born

but Whatcar finds

The ID 3 and Born are both even better to drive and more comfortable

Nobody commented on real life charging performance for example - they mention the claimed 135kW peak, and 10%-80% in 35 Minutes, but fail to spot point out that the peak may be really brief as the car mathematically averages 77kW between 10% and 80% which would be.. not that great.

I'm hoping it does a lot better in the real world and takes less than 35 Minutes on a HYC.

Overall I guess I'm spoiled by those common 30-60 Minute in-depth Youtube reviews these days. Can't wait for Youtubers to get their hands on them.

Overall I guess I'm spoiled by those common 30-60 Minute in-depth Youtube reviews these days. Can't wait for Youtubers to get their hands on them.
I think reviewers have the press cars right now, so we can expect a flood of youtube reviews next week.

The Editor of Auto Express has tweeted pics of the Holden Blue SE that he's been playing with

Good to see the SE interior/front/rear in actual photos rather than renders.

MG4 SE Blue.jpg

MG4 SE Rear.jpg

MG4 SE Side Profile.jpg

MG4 SE Interior.jpg

The rear looks better than I thought (despite losing the funky spoiler). The interior seating all looks very nice. The headlights with integrated indicators don't look half bad either.

Maybe I can steal an SE if there's any spare from the launch stock?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 423 79.8%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 70 13.2%
  • No

Votes: 37 7.0%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back