MG4 Reviews from various online publications

THAT was worth watching, thank you. I'm still not really in the habit of doing all this, and although I do miss the regenerative braking when it isn't there (100% charge), I'm too ready to hit the brake rather than see what the car is going to do at lower SoC levels.

I've never driven the car in ECO mode, but perhaps I should try it and see. I'm interested that he suggested putting the regen on to adaptive, though. I asked my dealer why the car defaults to strong rather than adaptive, if adaptive is so clever, and he said he thought the idea was just to squeeze the last little bit out of it. What is the feeling of the forum on this, I wonder.

I did notice one interesting thing last week. When I was belting along the motorway (I'm sorry, hell will freeze over before I cruise at 60 on a motorway) I wasn't getting much over 3 miles/KWh. However, when I was touring in the Dales over what amounted to a roller-coaster ride, which would have absolutely killed my ICE car's mpg, I was getting about 4.5. I was actually showing off the regenerative braking to my passengers on the downhill stretches.
That makes sense because the biggest effect is aerodynamic drag and you're travelling much slower over the Dales and it makes a huge difference (just 5 mph is significant), then as others have observed you are getting regen benefits that ICE cars don't and hills kill efficiency in ICE cars (just as they can for EVs), but the EV can recover a large amount on the downhill.

Auto Express have had a wander around MG's design offices in London & Longbridge.
Now we know exactly who to blame for LKA trying to kill us all!

Auto Express have had a wander around MG's design offices in London & Longbridge.
Now we know exactly who to blame for LKA trying to kill us all!

"For the MG4, one important change was to the lane- assistance system, which was tweaked here to make the car feel “more natural” to drive." 🤣🤣🤣

I think the subtext of the piece is: "The UK design and engineering team have a lot of influence and input but too few staff to properly execute and test all the details for the UK market".

Would love to know more about the dealer training activities but it sounds like a very small setup so wouldn't surprise me if it is a drop in the ocean.

If you’re in eco the car is still able to pull effortlessly away at lights etc if you want it to - just sink the foot further on the pedal - but the REAL advantage is how much less wheel spin is generated ( in the magnificent five that is - I’ve never tried one on these new fangled rear wheel drive gizmos 🤷‍♂️
I've let off a little tyre squeal from a standing start turning into a junction. Quite embarrassing; I don't think of myself as that kind of driver. That might have been in Eco mode too!

I love a good review video but man this guy is a terrible presenter
Bored Monsters Inc GIF

Not sure this is the right board to post this in though. ;)
Understandable why it was posted here as the correct thread is buried amongst the mists of time.

Now it's in the Publications thread ... before it was in the MG4 Upgrades & Accessories board. 🤷‍♂️

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 471 79.0%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 79 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.7%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back