MG4 Reviews from various online publications

He said the duel motor version cost extra 20000rmb on top of his Trophy, that’s like £2200, that would have made £35k for the UK performance model, woohoo😎
Unfortunately I doubt it would sell at £35k though.
It won’t. @Miles Roberts CG has done a video explaining further - £36,495…

Last edited:
It won’t. @Miles Roberts CG has done a video explaining further - £36,495…

I know it wouldn’t be £35k, but £36495 is still a bargain for the performance you get, probably another £1000 for the Matt Green? Would be interesting to see whether pano roof is std though.

I know it wouldn’t be £35k, but £36495 is still a bargain for the performance you get, probably another £1000 for the Matt Green? Would be interesting to see whether pano roof is std though.
From what I've read earlier in that thread, the green is £800, all other colours remain their usual prices. No info on sunroof though

If she thinks this car is great value, why is she reviewing a Trophy? And she immediately launches into an announcement that tinted glass and a rear spoiler are standard, when both are Trophy-only features.

She tells us all the features on the Trophy, then says the SE SR is best value. Well of course it is. But it's so rare to see a review of the SE SR itself. People are going to see all these Trophy features and not know what is or isn't included in the SE.

Last edited:
If she thinks this car is great value, why is she reviewing a Trophy? And she immediately launches into an announcement that tinted glass and a rear spoiler are standard, when both are Trophy-only features.

She tells us all the features on the Trophy, then says the SE SR is best value. Well of course it is. But it's so rare to see a review of the SE SR itself. People are going to see all these Trophy features and not know what is or isn't included in the SE.
Don't forget SE LR too, good option for some.

Too many software issues for me to even consider it. I expect a £30k + car to function far better. Glad my oven doesn’t need setting at 250 degrees C just to cook a chicken at 180 degrees C.

How cars get through testing before realising to the public baffles me.

This is why I like RSymon videos so much - real world decent tests and give a fair opinion on the cars. I think it was probably the most accurate review I have seen. He mentioned virtually all the major gripes which are all around the software. Fix that and it genuine would be an absolute cracker of a car

This is why I like RSymon videos so much - real world decent tests and give a fair opinion on the cars. I think it was probably the most accurate review I have seen. He mentioned virtually all the major gripes which are all around the software. Fix that and it genuine would be an absolute cracker of a car
I agree. It was interesting that although he mentioned LKA it was only in passing saying it was a bit jiggly.

Anyone else notice that at 15:58 he was driving a different car? The glitchy software must have effected the editing 🤣

Too many software issues for me to even consider it. I expect a £30k + car to function far better. Glad my oven doesn’t need setting at 250 degrees C just to cook a chicken at 180 degrees C.

How cars get through testing before realising to the public baffles me.

They just don't know how the HVAC menu works, they keep hitting the area outside temperature control which turns off AUTO and changes the air flow direction.

MG implemented a "Tesla like" cockpit display so hitting the footwells turns the airflow on and off to that area, same with the windscreen and front air vents . Its not a great design I agree, and why MG have removed it in the latest software upgrade.

1688023446439.png

It is a well known foible that the temp setting are a good few degrees out

It's a really silly bug, but I don't see why so many reviewers get bent out of shape about it. The HVAC works perfectly well. It's not beyond the wit of man to mentally subtract five from the number on the screen to get the actual temperature you have set it to.

One guy was banging on about how the heater was useless, he couldn't heat the car up at all, it was still freezing set at 22... He did sort of concede that if he set it to 27 then it got warm, but with a sort of "I shouldn't have to do that!" expression. Well, duh. The scale goes up to 32. Use it.

Personally I think they simply need to recalibrate the temperature scale on the screen to read from 13 to 27 instead of from 18 to 32. Then everyone would be happy.

It's a really silly bug, but I don't see why so many reviewers get bent out of shape about it. The HVAC works perfectly well. It's not beyond the wit of man to mentally subtract five from the number on the screen to get the actual temperature you have set it to.

One guy was banging on about how the heater was useless, he couldn't heat the car up at all, it was still freezing set at 22... He did sort of concede that if he set it to 27 then it got warm, but with a sort of "I shouldn't have to do that!" expression. Well, duh. The scale goes up to 32. Use it.

Personally I think they simply need to recalibrate the temperature scale on the screen to read from 13 to 27 instead of from 18 to 32. Then everyone would be happy.
My other car has a knob with a blue dot at one end of the scale and a red dot at the other. I turn it until I'm warm enough. I treat our MG the same way - if I'm cold I turn it up, if I'm hot I turn it down. I don't actually need to know the temperature to know if I'm comfy!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 500 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back