MG4 SE Owners - Rear Speakers

Hi can you advise where you got your pins I’m having trouble attaching to the connectors

For testing I put the wires through the back of the connector.
I used these mercedes pins that I had at home. I don´t know the proper pin that the MG conector uses, but the fitment with the pins in head unit is perfect.
The pin with the plastic enclosure does not fit properly but good enough for me.View attachment 15660
sorry to be a pain but could you advise the dimensions of these?

If you search for ‘Crimp repair’ or ‘Tyco mqs’ you’ll see pins that look similar

I have but the ones I have aren't slim enough! Wish I had some sizes to go by!

something slimmer than this

Attachments

• IMG_1960.jpeg
    IMG_1960.jpeg
    255.6 KB · Views: 180
You put two rows of gray colors, but how did you manage to have the plus and the minus for the rear speakers?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey I want to replace my front speakers in my SE with better speakers and move the original speakers to in the rear. Can you recommend an exact model that fits?

Hello
Could someone describe the cable routing from the rear doors to the dashboard?
Do you have to remove the plastic protectors that go all the way to the rear seat or do you just insert the cables into the sheath that goes into the door pillars?
Thanks for your help!

Hey I want to replace my front speakers in my SE with better speakers and move the original speakers to in the rear. Can you recommend an exact model that fits?
I wouldn't bother re-using the front speakers, they're terrible. If you're going to the effort then put decent matching speakers in the back.

Hi everyone. I am also planning to install rear speakers in my SE. The only uncertainty is the connector pins. Could someone provide photos or measurements of those which did work?

Hi everyone. I am also planning to install rear speakers in my SE. The only uncertainty is the connector pins. Could someone provide photos or measurements of those which did work?
Hello
You can follow this link and you will find what you need.
It's my tutorial, in French but with deepl, it's easy!

Last edited by a moderator:
@Fernandnaudin thanks a lot for the link and your work documenting the process. That brought me further quite a lot. Do I understand correctly that the linked connector pins are those for the door through connector? And not for the amplifier itself?

@Fernandnaudin thanks a lot for the link and your work documenting the process. That brought me further quite a lot. Do I understand correctly that the linked connector pins are those for the door through connector? And not for the amplifier itself?
They work for both.
But for me the door connector doesn't have sense.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom