MG4 Secret Menu Mode...

OK, somebody has to do this now. It will not be me. Have at it.
Don't stress, you can't break anything in that menu. It's the same one the dealers get to do updates and see version numbers.
You can't actually do any harm in there.

There is an extra level of engineering menu in there that we don't have access to yet.
If you tap the bottom right corner of the engineering screen 5 times, a password box pops up. We haven't cracked that one yet.

And to access that menu (before the 5x tap) just press on the phone icon, select the keypad, and then enter the code ... you don't need to hit the Dial button, as soon as you enter the last * the menu pops up. :)

The Trophy code is 200519, but it has a different method to reach the Engineer menu. We still don't know the secret code for the SE.

Interesting ... but no good for SE owners as there's no data connection unlike there is on the Trophy. (Unless the eSIM happens to work for the Infotainment unit rather than only providing the data connection to MG's servers).

Very interesting stuff here Secret menu Mk2 - Pin

He's done kinda what i'm trying to do, except we can't turn on ADB in the MG4 51 yet.
My concern is that older cars ask for a pincode (the 200519) but the SE/Excite asks for a Password instead.

Pretty sure I could do that trick in a Trophy/Essence/whatever since we've known how to get into those for a while now..

It's interesting in the workshop manuals, the higher end system is called "SAIC1.0+" while the basic system is called "Color Radio"
(and yes, i've already tried that, mulan, saic and a bunch of other things as the password)

Last edited:
In the General Workshop Procedures the only passwords that are mentioned are the two we already know ... the password after clicking the bottom-right 5 times isn't mentioned. (Has anyone tried the same SE code again in that prompt?)

In the General Workshop Procedures the only passwords that are mentioned are the two we already know ... the password after clicking the bottom-right 5 times isn't mentioned. (Has anyone tried the same SE code again in that prompt?)
Confirm both and I’ll give them a try. I did try the 200*** number!

image.jpg

Getting further into the android system but no joy on the password!

Wondered if we've got any further with it.

The code for the SE is now known - see below. I think I posted screen grabs in my 1100R33 thread of what we can access.

Code:
Open the phone icon in the car.
Select the keyboard then enter the following - the Engineer screen
should pop up when you press the last character:

#*#4479*#*

Last edited:
The code for the SE is now known - see below. I think I posted screen grabs in my 1100R33 thread of what we can access.

Code:
Open the phone tile in the car.

#*#4479*#*
But this isn’t for the bottom right 5 times menu, this is just the lower version - still working on the code!

Code:
Open the phone icon in the car.

#*#4479*#*

@siteguru Correct - the additional password is as of yet unknown

## has the opposite "mirror" pattern to *#, so perhaps that is a clue.
A lot of people chose pin numbers on the basis of patterns that resonate with them for some reason.
4479 is, on a key pad, 2 of the left middle, then the digit below followed by the end digit on that line.
So I'd be looking at the likes of 6631,6697,4413, 1146, 3364, 9931 etc.
Then flip them if needed so 4479 becomes 4413, 6697 becomes 6631, etc.
Easy enough to write a little bit of code to come up with these kind of patterns to try.

The most likely way we’ll get it is by disassembling the APK files. Either by getting hold of an infotainment update file or by pulling them from another system where we already have ADB access.
The ZS EV mk2 guys already have ADB access to their system which is almost identical, I’m hoping one of them share the files from their car and MG used the same code.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 530 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back