My dealer offered 3 yr service and one MOT for £527!!
When I was looking at Nissan Ariya, salesman said approx £100 per service.
My Tesla , no service needed, only brake inspection every two years but that’s only advisory!!
Did anyone get quotes same as mine @£527? Or is it just me?

I collected my Trophy yesterday. Arnold Clark at Salford were very helpful although their 3 year plus Mot @£399 looked ok but doesn't extend MG Assist and therefore AA cover, so didn't take it.
I have green flag already via my bank account so will look to HEVRA options mentioned above.

I collected my Trophy yesterday. Arnold Clark at Salford were very helpful although their 3 year plus Mot @£399 looked ok but doesn't extend MG Assist and therefore AA cover, so didn't take it.
I have green flag already via my bank account so will look to HEVRA options mentioned above.
Can you elaborate on that please? Where did you see that? (I specifically mentioned MG Assist extension when accepting the AC service plan when I ordered my car).

I've just emailed my dealer for confirmation.

Last edited:
I asked explicitly if the service plan was AC or MG and if it extended AA. "It's AC and not MG - no it does not extend AA cover". So had to have purchase contract redrawn to remove from my original choice. If you're AC (if not Salford) telling you different I'll follow up too.

Interestingly when collecting we initially couldn't find binding QR code, and asked a few other questions, and one of the helpful team during handover kept referring to this forum for answers!!

I asked explicitly if the service plan was AC or MG and if it extended AA. "It's AC and not MG - no it does not extend AA cover". So had to have purchase contract redrawn to remove from my original choice. If you're AC (if not Salford) telling you different I'll follow up too.
I'll let you know what reply I get. (I also mentioned that I'd be wanting the contract amended to remove the service plan if it doesn't extend MG Assist).

When I did my MG4 test drive last week, I did ask about servicing costs. The dealer (WH Brand) said that the first 2 were only checking levels and connections so around an hour and about £80. The first "major" service which included some filters was quoted at around £140. They said I could either pay ad-hock or for £14 per month they would do a service plan for me. I know people that spend more than that of coffee so that's probably the way I would go.

Make sure the service plan also extends MG Assist. (That's the issue myself and @snurt are looking at).

Edit: this is what the MG website says about MG Assist:

Following on from your initial year's roadside assistance, when you take your car back to your MG dealer for every subsequent scheduled service, if you choose the option, you will receive a further 12 months’ MG Assistance free.

It doesn't say how you choose the option.

Full T&Cs PDF says:

MG Assistance runs from date of first registration, or the date of activation following a service at an MG Service Partner, for a period of 12 months.

Last edited:
My dealership in Cambridge quoted me "around £270" for a 3y service plan based on 15k miles/year. I asked for the prices for the single services weeks ago but they haven't come back to me yet...
According to MG website, AA assistance is automatically renewed at each service MG Service Plans | Car Maintenance

My dealership in Cambridge quoted me "around £270" for a 3y service plan based on 15k miles/year. I asked for the prices for the single services weeks ago but they haven't come back to me yet...
According to MG website, AA assistance is automatically renewed at each service MG Service Plans | Car Maintenance

Emailed my dealer this morning with a couple of questions and he replied within a couple of hours.

When asked about the MG service plan although he didn't quote any prices he did say one could be sorted out when collecting the car and that free AA cover was included.

I also asked if he had any idea on delivery, I had been quoted 31st January, but implied that are expecting an update from MG next week.

Yeah - I read that ... the MG website says it is extended if the service is done by an authorised service agent; but it also says "if chosen" which is a bit woolly. However someone posted earlier that Arnold Clark Salford told them that their service plan did not extended MG Assist, so there's some confusion. (I've asked my dealer - Arnold Clark East Kilbride - to confirm whether or not MG Assist gets extended with their service plan. Still awaiting a response).

Yeah - I read that ... the MG website says it is extended if the service is done by an authorised service agent; but it also says "if chosen" which is a bit woolly. However someone posted earlier that Arnold Clark Salford told them that their service plan did not extended MG Assist, so there's some confusion. (I've asked my dealer - Arnold Clark East Kilbride - to confirm whether or not MG Assist gets extended with their service plan. Still awaiting a response).
Interesting, I will ask the MG service dept for clarifications next week, then

I actually asked Arnold Clark Salford about service plan, they said they don’t do any service plan for MG4!!

Looks like Arnold Clark aren't offering/participating in the MG Service plan scheme but doing their own to make a bit more money.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 512 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back