Robbiesox

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
I’ve received a quote from my dealer for a service plan for three annual services and the first MOT for the cost of £471.39. What does everybody think, it’s sounds expensive to me because I thought ev sevicng would be cheaper because no oil change, filters etc

I paid £399 to my dealer for exactly the same - and even that's on the high side (but at least gives peace of mind for 3 years, plus should also mean the AA cover is extended for that period).

I’ve received a quote from my dealer for a service plan for three annual services and the first MOT for the cost of £471.39. What does everybody think, it’s sounds expensive to me because I thought ev sevicng would be cheaper because no oil change, filters etc
Yeah it’s a bloody rip off, they litterally only do an inspection on the first service and a pollen filter on the second service and inspection on the 3rd service.

I emailed their HQ as they advertise EV servicing from £6 per month on the website, you can’t sign up with this deal though MG UK and dealers choose their own prices !!! I complained how do you advertise £6 servicing but then can’t deliver it, not had a reply from them……

Nathaniel
FE41E0CA-4D2F-491A-BD28-4218AC8288C3.jpeg

It also includes AA recovery and software updates. Yes, it sounds a lot, £200 would be more reasonable for 3 years servicing, but it is still a lot cheaper than some ICE services. A cambelt change can cost you £800+ with some makes and they recommend them every 50,000 miles or so these days.

It also includes AA recovery and software updates. Yes, it sounds a lot, £200 would be more reasonable for 3 years servicing, but it is still a lot cheaper than some ICE services. A cambelt change can cost you £800+ with some makes and they recommend them every 50,000 miles or so these days.
It has just cost me £279 for an MOT and service for a 2.0 litre diesel Ford Focus at my local garage so £471 for 3 years including first MOT and AA membership sounds good.

I paid £399 to my dealer for exactly the same - and even that's on the high side (but at least gives peace of mind for 3 years, plus should also mean the AA cover is extended for that period).
My dealer offered 3 yr service and one MOT for £527!!
When I was looking at Nissan Ariya, salesman said approx £100 per service.
My Tesla , no service needed, only brake inspection every two years but that’s only advisory!!

Had two quotes for a 3 year service plan for my MG4 Trophy.
Dealer I bought from quoted £388 includes 3 x annual services and 3 x AA renewals or £10.87/month.
Then got quote from DRIVE Darlington MG dealer which is a lot closer to where I live and theres is £288 for exact the same and MOT at 3 year at £8.87/month. So signed up to the Darlington service. Happy with that.

My dealer offered 3 yr service and one MOT for £527!!
When I was looking at Nissan Ariya, salesman said approx £100 per service.
My Tesla , no service needed, only brake inspection every two years but that’s only advisory!!
No dealers with Tesla, so no need to make money on the servicing.

Had two quotes for a 3 year service plan for my MG4 Trophy.
Dealer I bought from quoted £388 includes 3 x annual services and 3 x AA renewals or £10.87/month.
Then got quote from DRIVE Darlington MG dealer which is a lot closer to where I live and theres is £288 for exact the same and MOT at 3 year at £8.87/month. So signed up to the Darlington service. Happy with that.
Picking my blue SE up from Darlo on Thursday so will probably take the service deal out! Thanks 👍

For those looking at alternatives, have a look at the HEVRA website HEVRA- Hybrid and Electric Vehicle Repair Alliance

It should show local garages that are more capable of dealing with EVs, and could well save yourself some money too.
Definitely worth doing, but the MG servicing does come with free AA cover.
Having said that, breakdown cover can be found very cheaply (dare I say moneysavingexpert).

This is something I need to look into. My dealers service plan was similarly priced to the OP.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 493 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back